PC build

suslik

2 hours ago, suslik said:

I'm doing my first pc build. I wonder if anyone has any suggestions. I don't want to spend more then I do now on those parts so not gonna go up in price.

Heres link to my part list https://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/suslik1/saved/#view=q9kLJx

Might wanna go with some extra RAM. 16GB rather than 8GB. 

Also maybe some thermal paste.

Whats you're OS?

Wireless or wired connection?

You said this is your first PC build. Do you have monitor, mouse, headset/speakers, keyboard?

What are you planning on building it for? Is there any particular game you want to run, or anything you need for work? If you're planning on gaming with it, what games, and what settings? If we know what you're going for, that'll make it a lot easier to give you recommendations.

One thing I'd recommend right now though; if you're going to stick with 8 GB of ram I'd go for 2x4GB rather than 1x8GB. Two sticks will be significantly faster.

Also, the Ryzen 5 comes with a cooler if you don't already know. You're welcome to buy the one in the list anyway, of course, but you don't necessarily need to.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  (€143.84 @ Mindfactory) 
Motherboard: MSI - X370 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€79.00 @ Caseking) 
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€147.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€62.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Hitachi - Deskstar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€39.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR OC Video Card  (€287.99 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Phanteks - Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€59.90 @ Caseking) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€59.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €881.51
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-21 18:15 CEST+0200

The 2600 isn't much faster than a 1600, although either is a fine choice. 

The stock cooler is more than sufficient to push a 1600/2600 to the limit. 

You can get a cheaper motherboard, SSD, and HDD. 

Get 16gb of RAM.

There are cheaper 6gb 1060s if you really want to stick with Nvidia, but I'd opt for a 580 instead. 

The case you chose is extremely overpriced for what it is. 

And the PSU is pretty mediocre. 

5 hours ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€147.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (€62.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Hitachi - Deskstar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€39.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: MSI - Radeon RX 580 8GB ARMOR OC Video Card  (€287.99 @ Mindfactory) 
Case: Phanteks - Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€59.90 @ Caseking) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€59.99 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Get 16gb of RAM.

There are cheaper 6gb 1060s if you really want to stick with Nvidia, but I'd opt for a 580 instead. 

So you would suggest 1600 over 2600? I heard that 2600 is still better because the price cap is small. I was thinking to get 8 gigs of ram at the moment and 8 gigs later when ram prices drop. Why is 580 better. I feel like nvidia is safer to go with. What 1060 6 gb you would suggest?

7 hours ago, Weedoof said:

What are you planning on building it for? Is there any particular game you want to run, or anything you need for work? If you're planning on gaming with it, what games, and what settings? If we know what you're going for, that'll make it a lot easier to give you recommendations.

One thing I'd recommend right now though; if you're going to stick with 8 GB of ram I'd go for 2x4GB rather than 1x8GB. Two sticks will be significantly faster.

Also, the Ryzen 5 comes with a cooler if you don't already know. You're welcome to buy the one in the list anyway, of course, but you don't necessarily need to.

I'm planning to do some gaming (tf2, cs:go, fortnite). And going to do editing aswell(adobe software). And then everyday use. You think amd cooler is good enough and shouldnt spend money on aftermarket cooler?

7 hours ago, Findiculous said:

Might wanna go with some extra RAM. 16GB rather than 8GB. 

Also maybe some thermal paste.

Whats you're OS?

Wireless or wired connection?

You said this is your first PC build. Do you have monitor, mouse, headset/speakers, keyboard?

OS is windows 10.

Wired connection.

Planning to get this monitor: LG MONITOR LCD 23" IPS/23MP68VQ-P LG

And this keyboard: Gigabyte Keyboard GK-FORCEK83 1.0 Gaming

Already have a mouse.

My current headset is bad and want to get new one in future but I'm ok for now

As long as your not planning on overclocking the stock cooler is probably fine, if you are, you probably only need a 212 Evo which is only like 30 dollars. I would recommend definitely getting 16 GB of ram, I sometimes actually have issues with having 16 GB now, and 8 would make it even worse, and editing software is known for using a lot of ram. The 580 is about equivalent to the 1060 (the 1060 is better by about 10 percent) and for what you said your playing it should be plenty to run them (I have a 580 and I play similar games at 4k) so you should probably just go with whatever is cheaper. if you need something to compare the performance of parts you can use userbenchmark.com, it uses benchmarks of lots of peoples systems. I dont know if this will help, but this is my system which plays all the games you said at the max settings at 4k and i do a bit of editing (not adobe software) so you should be fine with something near this or lower. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/TheHeroBrine/saved/

Well, if you're not going to overclock go for the 2600x and use the stock cooler instead of buying an aftermarket one. 

39 minutes ago, -Thund3r- said:

Well, if you're not going to overclock go for the 2600x and use the stock cooler instead of buying an aftermarket one. 

That might be a good idea. What motherboard should I pair it with?

12 hours ago, suslik said:

I'm planning to do some gaming (tf2, cs:go, fortnite). And going to do editing aswell(adobe software). And then everyday use. You think amd cooler is good enough and shouldnt spend money on aftermarket cooler?

If you're looking to be not spending too much and wanting to run the above games then a 1060 is a little overkill. I have been running my 780ti on games for a few years now and it hasnt let me down (except with graphical demand of Assassins Creed games but those are broken anyway)

30 minutes ago, suslik said:

That might be a good idea. What motherboard should I pair it with?

Gigabyte x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming would be enough. 

P.S if you can find an rx 580 that is cheaper or around the same price as a 1060, go for the 580. 

34 minutes ago, -Thund3r- said:

Gigabyte x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming would be enough. 

P.S if you can find an rx 580 that is cheaper or around the same price as a 1060, go for the 580. 

Why rx 580. That X470 motherboard is pretty expensive. I'm looking for something cheaper.

21 minutes ago, suslik said:

Why rx 580. That X470 motherboard is pretty expensive. I'm looking for something cheaper.

RX 580 due to the fact it has 8gb of vram and besides the 1060 is only 2-3% faster over the 580. For the motherboard, honestly any new gen motherboard (due to the new features) would be good enough though a lot of people are not recommending MSI mobos. You can also wait for the b450 motherboards which is good enough since you are not really going to do any overclocking.  

20 hours ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

Get 16gb of RAM.

I made new parts list. Is that good?

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/suslik1/saved/#view=TCsYTW

I'm not sure about motherboard.

19 hours ago, suslik said:

I made new parts list. Is that good?

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/suslik1/saved/#view=TCsYTW

I'm not sure about motherboard.

2x4gb ram would be better than 1x8gb ram
Make sure the bios of the b350 is updated. Also just a side note since you're using a previous gen motherboard you'd also be missing some new features of the Ryzen+ such as XFR 2.0 and Precision Boost 2.0 though I think it will not make a big difference. Here is a video that might help you. 

And for the SSD, I would suggest this. https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/dkHRsY/samsung-970-evo-250gb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-mz-v7e250bw
Price difference isn't really that huge worth the extra bucks since it's around 4-5x faster than the WD Green. 

Archived