Scammer Experience

HappyCat

Well im a newbie I know almost nothing about trading and recently I just got sharked. I got sharked for a item that sells for 4 ref on scrap.tf and he said it was 12 ref so I traded him a strange hitman's heat maker, heralds helm and two skins both epic, I got all of this from my friend who said to be careful while trading the items. So I advise you to watch out and don't be dumb like I am  

So we got 3 problems here

1) You didnt do research of the item and didnt care about researching the price of said item

2) You obey scrap.tf's crap prices and not what bots would pay for said items

3) You are here complaining in a forum about a couple cent loss

Solutions:

1) Grow up and deal with the loss of a couple pennies down the sewer

2) Be smart and do your research, look at price, then look at buyers/sellers!

just like what beaser said,it was yourr fault.also you used the title word as 'scammer' but then you say its a shark.in conclusion,it was a shark which isnt bannable because you didnt do any research

6 hours ago, Beaser said:

1) You didnt do research of the item and didnt care about researching the price of said item

Solutions:

4 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

just like what beaser said,it was yourr fault.also you used the title word as 'scammer' but then you say its a shark.in conclusion,it was a shark which isnt bannable because you didnt do any research

He's just warning others hot to be like him.

Sheesh, don't be so rude.

4 hours ago, Mew2! said:

He's just warning others hot to be like him.

Sheesh, don't be so rude.

Not rude, Blunt.

And the term "scammer" is used too much when it's actually a shark

11 hours ago, Beaser said:

Solutions:

(1) I did but as a newbie he said it was worth more with strange parts, I looked on 

backpack.tf and scrap but he said it would sell more beacause it had strange parts on it

(2)I did look 

(3) its not a couple cent loss for me when I only had 20 ref to start with and now 8 are gone

Conclusion: I know I  messed up and I am already learning by my mistakes, like to  never trust a offer that is too good to be true.

8 minutes ago, HappyCat said:

Conclusion: I know I  messed up and I am already learning by my mistakes [...]

It would also be nice if you learn not to randomly post your issue into completely unrelated thread. Thanks.

31 minutes ago, HappyCat said:

(3) its not a couple cent loss for me when I only had 20 ref to start with and now 8 are gone

A loss of a few cents is still just a loss of a few cents, no matter how much you had to begin with.

And it does suck even though it was a small amount, but try to keep some perspective:  You've learned a valuable lesson for less than the price of a can of soda out of a vending machine. 

HE GAVE ALL THE STUFF BACK. 

also why is the virtual economist here :D (I just finished his video on scammers and what is a scam)

ONE LAST QUESTION: How do I close a forum, cuz he was right this is the wrong place to post this 

hey @HappyCat sorry to hear that happened to you. 

Here is a guide I made for all levels of trading feel free to go through it. Have mentioned almost everything a new trader needs to know to start with trading.
and updated version can be found here on steam guides section. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1353725346
Feel free to add me if you need any help or tips related to trading. 

Archived