Open discussion on rules for trading with scammers

Julia

2 hours ago, TextDynasty said:

Do they? I don't think I can find that many if they really do.

Bot.tf Bot: 

-76561198334598690 ( Traded with a scammer alt with steam level 1 and 63 hrs on record on TF2) => Got Banned (https://backpack.tf/issue/5c19efbe44325a1e977b740dhttps://backpack.tf/issue/5bc069c844325a1297747e95)

-76561198324473963 ( Traded with a scammer alt with steam level 1, hidden TF2 hours, minimal inventory except for high-value items) => Got Banned (https://backpack.tf/issue/5c23d1fd44325a2df579145b)

-76561198382654640 ( Traded with a scammer alt with steam level 0, hidden TF2 hours) => Got Banned (https://backpack.tf/issue/5bf8daf944325a2b966221c4)

-76561198830746068 ( Traded with a scammer alt with random spikes in inventory and 0 hr on recond on TF2) => Got Banned (https://backpack.tf/issue/5beae16044325a49d30b7536)

-76561198315588518 ( Traded with a scammer alt with literally nothing in this steam profile) => Got Banned (https://backpack.tf/issue/5baf77c844325a2c4050e6b9)

These trades were held for manual review and it was manually accepted by the bot owner. I did enquire about this on the bot.tf discord on why did this bot accept that trade. 
Not sure what happened with the tf2 automatic there

As for now, my bot would decline all trade offer from the marked scammers and those who are banned on backpack.tf and I've updated my bot that any offers above 14 keys would be held for manual review. I kinda wonder how you can code your bot to check random spikes in inventory and minimal inventory except for high-value items though, as there are pretty subjective and even the mods cannot give a solid definition on them.

If you are asking me to share my code then sorry. Can't do that No one would, but as I said My bot does check that and it is possible.

Again, a rule is a rule. According to the Cambridge Dictionary, the rule means an accepted principle or instruction that states the way things are or should be done and tells you what you are allowed or are not allowed to do. Effective or not, it should be executed and enforced to all human and bot. I do think it is worrying to see that mods are selectively enforcing the rules based on its effectiveness. 

You are not making any sense at all. Which part of "Banning accounts/bots that do not use the site is pointless" do you not understand. 
Read this again as I see that you have completely ignored it in my previous message
SITE BAN is just something that will restrict the access to use the site features. What's the point in banning bots that do not use the site? 
As sin has mentioned above, its a waste of time investigating on bots that do not use the site and even if you ban them on the site it's not gonna stop them from working on their own website. "Common Sense

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, TextDynasty said:

I do think it is worrying to see that mods are selectively enforcing the rules based on its effectiveness. 

3 hours ago, « SɱokEy » said:

Which part of "Banning accounts/bots that do not use the site is pointless" do you not understand. 

I understand all of this. You mean banning MP bot here wouldn't stop scammer alt dumping scammed items and getting them sold and thus is pointless. However, a rule should be CONSISTANT as well as effective and I think it is also common sense?

3 hours ago, « SɱokEy » said:

SITE BAN is just something that will restrict the access to use the site features.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Marketplace.tf inventory a "site feature"?

14 minutes ago, TextDynasty said:

I understand all of this. You mean banning MP bot here wouldn't stop scammer alt dumping scammed items and getting them sold and thus is pointless. However, a rule should be CONSISTANT as well as effective and I think it is also common sense?

No, you clearly do not understand. Marketplace,tf bots do not use the site to trade items. Its a waste of time looking into trades done by all the mp.tf bots banning them here when they DO NOT USE THE SITE for trading or site for anything at all. 

14 minutes ago, TextDynasty said:

Even if a user has not registered with backpack.tf their inventory is still loaded up on the site and even if you are site banned your inventory still loads up. So that is a site feature but something that does not get affected with a ban

I'll give you 3 final solutions take it or leave it up to you.

Fix your bots code so that it can detect scammer alts
or 
Hold every trade over 14 keys for manual review if you are not able to do the above 
or 
Remove every buy order that is over 14 keys and move on. (you only have about 12-15 items over 14 key value on both bots each)

You are just looking for ways to get us to do what you want by calling us corrupt. When you clearly do not understand how the rules work or how they are enforced.

I am done responding to you since you clearly do not understand what we are trying to tell you. 

On 1/26/2019 at 2:58 PM, « SɱokEy » said:

Fix your bots code so that it can detect scammer alts

I would go for this option. In fact, I already updated my bot to check 4 qualities automatically and still wondering what means random backpack spikes. But at least can I know how many qualities does it need to classified as a scammer alt? All? 5/6? 4/6?

On 1/28/2015 at 12:34 PM, polar said:

We characterize an obvious alt as someone having some or all of these qualities:

(1) a steam level of 10 or less

(2) private backpack or profile

(3) minimal inventory except for high value items

(4) new account with high value items

(5) random backpack spikes - check history of items

(6) low hours in the game they are trading items for or private game history

Archived