Tips For Starting As A Low Tier?

assassin4nolan

I have around 400ish hours and have grinded around 7 ref, and decided to buy my first key and begin trading. Where do I go to start? How can I make profit off of low tier cosmetics worth less than 5 ref? 

The best tip is this:

Don't.

With the heavy saturation of bots in today's market, combined with the massive grind it takes to get anywhere profitable without an initial investment (10-12 keys minimum, 14-16 recommended, 18-20 best), it's simply not worth trying to start with bottom-level trading.

If you do want to press on though, read this guide:

28 minutes ago, assassin4nolan said:

I have around 400ish hours and have grinded around 7 ref, and decided to buy my first key and begin trading. Where do I go to start? How can I make profit off of low tier cosmetics worth less than 5 ref? 

Well, it's like @Scott Bakula stated, you don't really stand a chance by starting with bottom tier trading nowadays. What you can do if you're determined enough (and what helped me out back when starting) is trading with cheap painted cosmetics. I don't recommend underused colours like mint, cream, violet, balaclavas, etc. Go for more iconic ones, like black, white, team spirit and maybe (what I call the scunt-trinity) lime, pink and yellow. Hope it helps!

Pretty much what's said above, it'd take you months to make a few keys low tier trading. Your best bet is to make some irl money and spend it on keys

Actually I've found a way to make decent ref now as a low tier, ty guys for the advice anyways.

1 key=36 refs.its gonna take a long time if you're trying the scrap2unusual method.either it take tooo long or it doesnt work.best to put in more money to invest better than usual

Actually I made a whole key or two in profit just today over the course of less than 5 trades trades. 

Trading cards. Buy them from randoms in pubs for a scrap each, then sell them for up to 4 scrap to the scrap.tf bots.

12 hours ago, assassin4nolan said:

Trading cards. Buy them from randoms in pubs for a scrap each, 

I mean if that works for you.. great. But I remember when I used to waste my time doing this and I would be able to get 20-30 cards on a really good day. average was less than 10. No one wants a scrap.. a scrap is nothing these days.

On 7/14/2018 at 1:47 PM, Scott Bakula said:

The best tip is this:

Don't.

With the heavy saturation of bots in today's market, combined with the massive grind it takes to get anywhere profitable without an initial investment (10-12 keys minimum, 14-16 recommended, 18-20 best), it's simply not worth trying to start with bottom-level trading.

If you do want to press on though, read this guide:

This. Low tier trading is dominated by bots, so profit margins are made so incredibly small its not worth the grind. The grind will be long, boring, and tedious. Just get like 20 keys and get into high tier/unusual trading. Skip the BS.

Archived