Backpack.tf problem

ClockworkCanine

When I check my backpack here on backpack.tf, it's only showing my stuff from about a month ago, with a notification saying "steam is unavailable". Is there a way I can fix this? I've tried refreshing. That's about as far as my tech abilities go.

It's a well-known issue with Steam's API. The only solution is to keep refreshing until it works. Some people cite better success when accessing the page via the mobile site, but nothing's 100% confirmed.

On 14/07/2018 at 6:29 PM, Scott Bakula said:

It's a well-known issue with Steam's API. The only solution is to keep refreshing until it works. Some people cite better success when accessing the page via the mobile site, but nothing's 100% confirmed.

Ive investigated the issue and its this site and some browsers which is the issue more than steam API issue. i have no issue with refreshing my inventory after it changing and viewing it on any other item/trading site. Its just this site that is failing to work so blaming the API in this instance is not 100 percent fair and not accurate. as all other sites refreshes work fine.. Like you said about using a different browser seems to work. i switched from firefox to explorer and it refreshed first time. So looks like its an issue to do with this site, browsers, stale cache and cookies quite possibly. Nothing to do with steam at all.

Investigated further. Seems like its an issue with this site, and firefox generally. all other browsers seem to refresh fine on update or change of backpack. Firefox however doesnt even after it refreshing in explorer previously.  After refreshing in opera, safari, and explorer it forces a refresh. when refreshing in firefox it brings that erronous and inaccurate message which blames the steam API as being unreachable. Fire fox also reports the site as being unsecure when using the https:.. URL.

Archived