Why are people like this?

Lugweens

I cannot understand what goes through a person's head sometimes. Perhaps because they have a high value backpack they think this is ok? Nothing we can really do I suppose.

Screenshot_20180714-022628_Steam.jpg

Screenshot_20180714-022617_Steam.jpg

yeah, sharkers. In this case, just sell it to the person with the highest buy order

Or i dunno, keep it for some kind of Christmas present for your friend

Just now, AD⚡HD said:

Did you just randomly add the guy and try and sell him some shit? 

Yeah I saw he is a spell collector and was going to offer to trade the rocket launcher for some items he had listed on the classifieds. However, before I was able to do so he said "1 key". 

15 minutes ago, Lugweens said:

Yeah I saw he is a spell collector and was going to offer to trade the rocket launcher for some items he had listed on the classifieds. However, before I was able to do so he said "1 key". 

You can‘t just go to a collector and expect them to shower you with keys. There are a few things that make your rocket launcher less appealing to collectors: It‘s festivized, not festive and it‘s not double spelled. 

1 minute ago, Tobbby92 said:

You can‘t just go to a collector and expect them to shower you with keys. There are a few things that make your rocket launcher less appealing to collectors: It‘s festivized, not festive and it‘s not double spelled. 

I did not ask for keys. I was going to trade it for items like I said earlier.

23 minutes ago, Lugweens said:

Sorry man, but you're the asshole in this story. 

i actually traded with this user a couple hours ago and this user was nice.he was a bit rushy but he was good with negotiating.he had a buyout on a prof ks fab flame and because i was offered more by someone who was also on that b/o listing,he offered the same.

now lets go in your view.

YOU ADDED HIM because he was a collector of your item.now yes,he did offer a bad price but you dont show the flul chat log unless you unfriended him over there.from what we see here is that i cant say you're arsehole because things dont seem to add up.your item can be sold on 11 keys on market.hoever you need to check exactly what item was he buying.was he festive or festiveD?

2 hours ago, Tobbby92 said:

You can‘t just go to a collector and expect them to shower you with keys.

This.

As a collector, one of the most frustrating/annoying things is that people think that because we're collectors that we'll either eagerly buy anything remotely related to our collection or that we'll pay some sort of premium "collector's price" for items. It's rather insulting and tiring.

Wait a minute.. Exorcism is worth nothing. As far as I know, the "spell collectors" care about actually valuable spells, like rotten orange footprints, but absolutely no one gives a damn about exorcism. I don't wanna rile you up or anything, but that's just how it is. The weird thing is that he says "1 key" for a strange pro ks rocket launcher, but that's got nothing to do with sharking since you're the one who added him. You can't go around and ask people to buy your stuff, especially when it's about a spell collector and your item has... Exorcism. For all we know, he could have answered "1 key" to make you go away, as he thought you were trolling or something. It's not that far fetched, considering the spell in question, and the fact that you seemingly didn't even say why you added him ("I noticed you are a spell collector. May I interest you in ...").

Nowhere did I say I was looking for pure. I intended to trade my items for some of his items. Because he is a spell collector, I thought he might be more interested in my offer. Before I could even ask him about his items I was interested in he said "1 key" and blew me off.

6 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

This.

As a collector, one of the most frustrating/annoying things is that people think that because we're collectors that we'll either eagerly buy anything remotely related to our collection or that we'll pay some sort of premium "collector's price" for items. It's rather insulting and tiring.

I never asked for pure

6 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

i actually traded with this user a couple hours ago and this user was nice.he was a bit rushy but he was good with negotiating.he had a buyout on a prof ks fab flame and because i was offered more by someone who was also on that b/o listing,he offered the same.

now lets go in your view.

YOU ADDED HIM because he was a collector of your item.now yes,he did offer a bad price but you dont show the flul chat log unless you unfriended him over there.from what we see here is that i cant say you're arsehole because things dont seem to add up.your item can be sold on 11 keys on market.hoever you need to check exactly what item was he buying.was he festive or festiveD?

I added him to buy a spelled flame thrower he had on classifieds and intended to trade with my rocket launcher plus pure if necessary.

2 hours ago, Mag!cGuy said:

Wait a minute.. Exorcism is worth nothing. As far as I know, the "spell collectors" care about actually valuable spells, like rotten orange footprints, but absolutely no one gives a damn about exorcism. I don't wanna rile you up or anything, but that's just how it is. The weird thing is that he says "1 key" for a strange pro ks rocket launcher, but that's got nothing to do with sharking since you're the one who added him. You can't go around and ask people to buy your stuff, especially when it's about a spell collector and your item has... Exorcism. For all we know, he could have answered "1 key" to make you go away, as he thought you were trolling or something. It's not that far fetched, considering the spell in question, and the fact that you seemingly didn't even say why you added him ("I noticed you are a spell collector. May I interest you in ...").

I never got the chance to say why I added him. I understand exorcism is not worth much, but since he is a collector I thought he might be more interested.

I don't know what you were trying to achieve with this post. No one is going to sympathize with you and be like "Oh fuck, yeah I hate it when I add people to offer things they don't want and they don't give me an offer I like!"

When you use the word "sell" it implies that you are looking to sell your item for pure. If you want their items you could say "Hi I can offer you my Strange Festivized RL with Exorcism for your xx and xx". Makes things so much easier for both of you.

9 minutes ago, Julia said:

When you use the word "sell" it implies that you are looking to sell your item for pure. If you want their items you could say "Hi I can offer you my Strange Festivized RL with Exorcism for your xx and xx". Makes things so much easier for both of you.

You're right I could have used more precise language. Thanks for the tip!

6 hours ago, Lugweens said:

I added him to buy a spelled flame thrower he had on classifieds and intended to trade with my rocket launcher plus pure if necessary.

ok well you made a mistake which confused him/or to piss him off or something.you added him because he had an item on sale that YOU wanted to PURCHASE it from him.you couldnt offer keys but instead offer ITEMS+more items.however in the conversation,it looks like you randomly added him to sell your item for his keys.thats why people over here are calling you an asshole

23 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

ok well you made a mistake which confused him/or to piss him off or something.you added him because he had an item on sale that YOU wanted to PURCHASE it from him.you couldnt offer keys but instead offer ITEMS+more items.however in the conversation,it looks like you randomly added him to sell your item for his keys.thats why people over here are calling you an asshole

Yes I can see now where the confusion is about who is selling and who is buying.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hell Killy said:

May be he meant "1 extra key"? Because what the point to talk back like that, if you сan just say "not interested".

im pretty sure he didnt mean that.the chat log provided isnt sufficient at all

Archived