Best crates to unbox?

LeGerbs

hmm.20 crates isnt guaranteed for an unusual.its best to do 100 but if you're looking to get profit or get nice good-looking effects, its gotta be the unlocked multi/all-class crates or the end of the line crates.

Crate 83 is pretty good, housing some decent killstreak kits like the Rocket Launcher, Scattergun, Sniper Rifle, or Shotgun. However you can also get killstreak kits for Ubersaw, GRU, Spy-Cicle, and Axtinguisher which aren't as desirable. Personally I've had my best unboxing luck with this series, but good luck with whatever you choose. 

1 hour ago, LeGerbs said:

If you were going to unbox 20 crates, which ones would you choose?

winter 2016 unlocked crates. 

I've unboxed 83 quite frequently, however i've only ever gotten a prof rocket kit. I'm not very interested in 3rd gen unusuals either :P

If I had to guess there's only really 4 cases I'd try my luck on:

- #83 (mentioned above with what it stores, will only hold 3rd gens if unusuals are unboxed so be careful)

- EOTL (If an unusual drops there's a 3/4 chance to get one of the 3 good effects and not Mallard)

- Multi-class crate (Could get you a really nice hat+effect combo which could be worth up to 1000 or more keys, I'd recommend opening them up on Halloween for a chance of getting a high tier 2012/2013/2014 effect on an All-class unusual, massive profit and desirability)

- Quarantined Case (Lots of luck required but it could reward you with a Universal Translator or even a Corona Australis, which goes for a hell of a lot of keys)

Just my 2 cents

4 hours ago, Yeet™ said:

If I had to guess there's only really 4 cases I'd try my luck on:

- #83 (mentioned above with what it stores, will only hold 3rd gens if unusuals are unboxed so be careful)

- EOTL (If an unusual drops there's a 3/4 chance to get one of the 3 good effects and not Mallard)

- Multi-class crate (Could get you a really nice hat+effect combo which could be worth up to 1000 or more keys, I'd recommend opening them up on Halloween for a chance of getting a high tier 2012/2013/2014 effect on an All-class unusual, massive profit and desirability)

- Quarantined Case (Lots of luck required but it could reward you with a Universal Translator or even a Corona Australis, which goes for a hell of a lot of keys)

Just my 2 cents

Aren't old halloween effects only obtainable from cases, not crates?

1 hour ago, Heeskane said:

Aren't old halloween effects only obtainable from cases, not crates?

jup. Multiclass crates are excluded from the halloween thingy.....probably for good reasons

Maybe I should wait till halloween and do 100 cases. I was not aware old halloween effects are still obtainable. To add on what crate is best to open on halloween?

Archived