Bazaar.tf is shutting down

Toad

Aw man :(

I won't be able to search for an item and find it in a trade that was posted 8 months ago because the seller forgot to close it anymore!

Is it a popularity issue? I find bazaar to be one of the smoothest sites to use and by that I mean in terms of both efficiency and simplicity. It almost never lags/bugs and doesn't host any ads or what not (Totally not directed to outpost). I get that it is deserted but it did seem severely underrated while it was up. RIP you will be missed.

In my view Bazaar.tf was better than Outpost, especially during the many months that Outpost had laggy ads that bypassed adblock/uorigin, including malicious ads apparently? And their solutions were to blame it on the ad providers (along the lines of 'we don't control the ads, they do', when in actuality, they have a choice as to who provides their ads), and "hey guys we reduced premium price! Want the ads gone? Bit o' money please!", until they finally, finally managed to get rid of those ads. I do have a gripe with trades not being autoclosed due to inactivity on Bazaar, but overall it was just a smoother site to use. Unfortunately, it just didn't gain enough traction in the end and slowly died off, so I'm not surprised that it's closing down.

According to the dev on bazaar.tf, buddapest, his posts on the reddit thread 

suggest that most of the trading happens on this site - even outpost doesn't generate that many trades compared to Bazaar. There is also the problem of automated trades, people want things right away. But the most important part, from what I understand, Budd seems really busy with other things so he is unable to maintain it right now, it doesn't seem to be worth it.

In my opinion, don't be surprised if outpost shuts down in the near future either.

23 hours ago, 🍀Swazzy🍀 said:

Is it a popularity issue? I find bazaar to be one of the smoothest sites to use and by that I mean in terms of both efficiency and simplicity. It almost never lags/bugs and doesn't host any ads or what not (Totally not directed to outpost). I get that it is deserted but it did seem severely underrated while it was up. RIP you will be missed.

probably, outpost had much more traffic than bazaar despite bazaar's benefits, and now with the increased popularity of bptf classifieds, for most items (non-unusual) outpost isn't even that popular

Archived