Would a bot from bot.tf be worth it?

killerpanda993

I was looking around and wondered if a bot from bot.tf would be worth it. I heard that if I do start I'd need a lot of keys to start out with, or I can't get very far. It's 10 dollars a month, but I don't know if that's a good idea or not. 

Torb's response to a similar thread hits the nail on the head, and it's pretty much the same response from me (having used it for a few months when it initially started). You will need to put in a lot in terms of time and money. You will have initial startup costs such as buying backpack expanders to upgrade the inventory space of the bot (from an initial 800 slots), but you may also consider getting donator status on the bot to increase its classified listings. Furthermore, you do need to invest time (or money with Bot.tf's auto pricing feature at €0.64 / time) into amending the prices of items daily, so it would be a daily routine to check on it.

I'd try thinking about the stuff you're going to sell and buy using the bot. In terms of unique cosmetic items, the market is somewhat saturated so the profit margin is very tight in terms of being able to make enough profit, unless you are willing to cover a large majority of cosmetics. For items such as unusuals, they might offer a greater profit margin, but it also comes with the larger startup costs of needing a lot of keys to invest, but also the patience of 1-3 months in order to become more established in selling unusuals and turning a net profit.

The main issues with running a bot from Bot.tf is that there is difficulty in being able to achieve a sustainable amount of profit that allows you to keep on running it, along with trying to balance that with life's daily struggles.

Make sure to look at the Bot.tf website for what the bot offers and understand what you're getting, and think about how you're going to utilise the bot to be able to make enough net profit, before you spend a fortune and end up with large overhead costs.

Ah, didn't see the 0.64 Euro a time. Thank you for the info. Thought maybe I could do this while in college this year but idk.

What would a good amount to start with? I don't have 1000 dollars to put down but I could do a few hundred possibly.

Just now, killerpanda993 said:

What would a good amount to start with? I don't have 1000 dollars to put down but I could do a few hundred possibly.

Tbh, i would recommend around 140 keys to start with, after paying for bot, donating for extra listing slots ect, you will probably end up with around 115-100 left, which is a decent starting point for a bot

• 3 weeks later...

IMO it's completely worhtless.

1. It can't compare with custom bots, that outbidding with 0.11 ref as often as bumping. So you allways stay below.

Autopricer not working properly. First of all, this is a lack of concept. You cannot set some price limits for your orders , you can't exclude something (only remove listing from banking), and besides it's a chargable service for some reason. I would understand, if you had to buy amount of listings, that you want to manage  by autopricer, but no, you pay per every single use of this. It's duckin stupid.

And don't forget about the custom bots, that changing their prices every half hour.

2. Bot holding up about 80% of trades, you must be near the device to check them manually. It's okay, because duckin scammers are everywhere, there is a flood of shit, where the hell are they coming from... But in most cases it just prevent cristal clear accounts from trading with you. They have normal lvl, good inventories, many hours in games, etc, etc, but the bot doesn't like something.

1 hour ago, Hell Killy said:

-

The whole trades being held thing happens less and less

Theres already 3400 people added to the 'whitelist' that wont need to be checked again since the start (which was may 12 this year)

Obviously if you're running an unusual / australium / other high priced items bot it'll mean that more of your trades will be held for manual review

I have to agree that Autopricer feels like unfinished product cause you can't exclude listings. I have like 20 free uses for it  (from renewing the bot) but never used it cause it would mess some of my custom prices. And generally, lately it feels like Danny stopped doing improvements at all.

Archived