Changed Buy Order

Lugweens

Hello everyone. Yesterday I sent a trade offer for 29 keys for my Circling TF Logo Vive la France to this user https://steamcommunity.com/id/Drillcat. He had a buy order for 29 keys that was up for over 2 weeks and was being bumped what seemed like every 30 minutes (I say this because he had the lightning bolt icon). After waking up several hours later the offer I sent was declined because he changed his buy order amount to almost 5 keys less (24.11 keys). However, this was after I had sent the offer fulfilling the previous buy order. I feel like this was wrong of him to do. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Thank you for your time. Here is the item https://backpack.tf/item/4955689231

1 hour ago, Lugweens said:

Hello everyone. Yesterday I sent a trade offer for 29 keys for my Circling TF Logo Vive la France to this user https://steamcommunity.com/id/Drillcat. He had a buy order for 29 keys that was up for over 2 weeks and was being bumped what seemed like every 30 minutes (I say this because he had the lightning bolt icon). After waking up several hours later the offer I sent was declined because he changed his buy order amount to almost 5 keys less (24.11 keys). However, this was after I had sent the offer fulfilling the previous buy order. I feel like this was wrong of him to do. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Thank you for your time. Here is the item https://backpack.tf/item/4955689231

Did you check to see if had one already? Sometimes they pay less for any additional ones they get offered so as not to be flooded with multiples of the same item at once, although idk if this is allowed

This is pretty common, especially amongst "big traders" who are too lazy to adjust all their buy orders if an unusual is typically being sold for less, and assume it's just the norm to not keep to their buy order if it does not benefit them.

"It is your responsibility to keep your listings up to date and accurate. If you are found to be repeatedly changing your mind after receiving offers, you will receive a ban." - quote from the bp.tf rules, so it is wrong to not uphold your buy orders, it's just rare for people to report such a thing. I know the feeling of sending an offer matching someone's buy order only for them to decline, and I personally always uphold whatever buy orders I make even if I forget to update the prices on them.

Yes report their listing, here is a cache showing that it was indeed 29 keys: KlNLd8l.png

You also need to add a screenshot in your report that your trade offer was declined.

12 minutes ago, 🍀Swazzy🍀 said:

Did you check to see if had one already? Sometimes they pay less for any additional ones they get offered so as not to be flooded with multiples of the same item at once, although idk if this is allowed

They do not own one already.

1 minute ago, Woifi The Viking said:

Yes report their listing, here is a cache showing that it was indeed 29 keys: KlNLd8l.png

You also need to add a screenshot in your report that your trade offer was declined.

Thank you for finding this cache. I will create a screenshot of the declined trade offer. Where do I report the listing exactly?

Go to their profile and click the red flag under their name and include all the evidence you have.

Just now, Woifi The Viking said:

Go to their profile and click the red flag under their name and include all the evidence you have.

Okay I will get right on it. Thank you to everyone for their assistance!

It's always a good idea to keep a screenshot before you send a trade to a buyorder. This way you can be sure to have sufficient evident whilst reporting.

1 hour ago, Kimika-chan said:

It's always a good idea to keep a screenshot before you send a trade to a buyorder. This way you can be sure to have sufficient evident whilst reporting.

Yes I will try and get in the habit of doing so. Thank you for the advice!

I've sent a trade offer matching the highest buy order, then it remained unaccepted for a few hours, then the offer got unavailable due to some of the items getting traded away. The buyer was online both on Steam and on backpack.tf, though. Then some days later, I saw a buyr order for the same item by the same user lower than the previous one by 20% or so. This seems like pretty much the same thing as what's happened to you, too. It was another big trader 'SexySparta'.

Anyway, if you're too lazy to keep listings updated, don't even bother create them :D Or maybe put one at super low with a msg like 'the better the effect, the more I pay'. Good to hear these kinds of d moves are report worthy.

Archived