Auxiliary API

EliteOneTube

Capture.PNG.fc538f01fb7cdca4068ccb64477538f8.PNG

It says that I have to check steamrep and backpack.tf All Features bans.

My question is : If I check "all" on the bans section will I be safe from getting banned?

I am guessing "all" means to be banned from steamrep and backpack.tf. So if he\she is not banned on both of them it will make the trade. 

Cap2.PNG.dfde2da8104c812cc5ea44bedbab0cfe.PNG

• Administrators

No, you still need to do a manual check on trades above 15 keys in value as we will penalise people for trades with obvious scammer alts even if those accounts are not yet banned.

41 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

No, you still need to do a manual check on trades above 15 keys in value as we will penalise people for trades with obvious scammer alts even if those accounts are not yet banned.

Well the trades that the bot will do wont be above 5 keys in value most of the times .

My question is : Should the bot trade with someone who is banned on one place but not banned on the other ?

For example: Banned on steamrep but not on bp.tf or banned on bp.tf but not on steamrep

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, EliteOneTube said:

Well the trades that the bot will do wont be above 5 keys in value most of the times .

My question is : Should the bot trade with someone who is banned on one place but not banned on the other ?

For example: Banned on steamrep but not on bp.tf or banned on bp.tf but not on steamrep

You don't need to check steamrep or backpack.tf status for trades under 15 keys in value.

Just now, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

You don't need to check steamrep or backpack.tf status for trades under 15 keys in value.

So I could trade with someone who is banned?

• Administrators
1 minute ago, EliteOneTube said:

So I could trade with someone who is banned?

If it's below 15 keys in value.

may I also note the ban reason, you cannot trade with someone marked on steamrep for any reason, or someone marked on backpack.tf for fraud related offences (these will usually be marked as do not trade) 

you can still trade with all features banned backpack.tf if their ban reason is not related to fraud (trades with scammers et) 

10 minutes ago, trash said:

may I also note the ban reason, you cannot trade with someone marked on steamrep for any reason, or someone marked on backpack.tf for fraud related offences (these will usually be marked as do not trade) 

you can still trade with all features banned backpack.tf if their ban reason is not related to fraud (trades with scammers et) 

What should I check then before making the trade?

if the user is steamrep banned for any reason and/or banned for a fraud related offense on backpack.tf or banned for being a scammer fence or if they fit the requirements of an obvious scammer alt dont trade with them

14 hours ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

If it's below 15 keys in value.

Surely this is enticing people to go into low trades with scammers?. Its funny the hipocrisy and double standards that bounce around this place at times. So from my experience gained from responses to notifications on sharks over the recent months and now this it clearly shows there is favouritsm to premium sharks and low end scammers. Which could potentially be the lowballing premium sharks alts. Like i have said preivously aswell. This place does think highly of itself. On no trade servers does it says to do background checks yet the furher here demands it so...

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, DanielDee said:

Surely this is enticing people to go into low trades with scammers?. Its funny the hipocrisy and double standards that bounce around this place at times. So from my experience gained from responses to notifications on sharks over the recent months and now this it clearly shows there is favouritsm to premium sharks and low end scammers. Which could potentially be the lowballing premium sharks alts. Like i have said preivously aswell. This place does think highly of itself. On no trade servers does it says to do background checks yet the furher here demands it so...

We don't expect people to do full background checks on low value trades because it would simply take too long when low value items are traded in high volume. It's impractical and would have too great an effect on the trading population without any real benefit - scammers aren't making profits off selling low value items. Our stance on "sharking" is clear, and we have modified premium to prevent a lot of that behaviour. What rules trading communities choose to have about trading with scammers is up to them, but most do use the steamrep API and prevent scammers using their servers or at least flag them as such.

1 minute ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

We don't expect people to do full background checks on low value trades because it would simply take too long when low value items are traded in high volume. It's impractical and would have too great an effect on the trading population without any real benefit - scammers aren't making profits off selling low value items. Our stance on "sharking" is clear, and we have modified premium to prevent a lot of that behaviour. What rules trading communities choose to have about trading with scammers is up to them, but most do use the steamrep API and prevent scammers using their servers or at least flag them as such.

Trash mentioned that if they are steamrep banned for any reason and/or banned for a fraud related offense on backpack.tf or banned for being a scammer fence or if they fit the requirements of an obvious scammer alt , I shouldnt trade with them.

You said tho that if trades are  under 15 keys in value I could make the trade.

What should I do?

• Administrators
Just now, EliteOneTube said:

Trash mentioned that if they are steamrep banned for any reason and/or banned for a fraud related offense on backpack.tf or banned for being a scammer fence or if they fit the requirements of an obvious scammer alt , I shouldnt trade with them.

You said tho that if trades are  under 15 keys in value I could make the trade.

What should I do?

Trash's advice is correct for trades above 15 keys in value. Below 15 keys in value, you are not expected to do a background check.

5 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

Trash's advice is correct for trades above 15 keys in value. Below 15 keys in value, you are not expected to do a background check.

Okay thanks

Archived