Missed Sales Because of the Unusual Spreadsheet

Julia Gillard the Honest

Regarding the common complaint from both the dedicated unusual traders and the sharks/scammers/fences about the unusual list ruining their sales, they usually argue along the lines of, "I had a hat listed for eight buds but it has never been updated here and someone was going to pay that but then saw that you call it three earbuds so he withdrew!" Okay, that sounds like a potentially valid argument. I've had similar cases where someone has quoted a suggested value (particularly with the Noh Mercy). However, in every single case, it has been someone who has a backpack that's worth about ten keys at the most. (I suspect that withdrawn "offers" at eight earbuds would be similar but with one of those kids who promise to get the payments after being coaxed. It wouldn't have happened anyway.)

My question is simple: Has that common argument ever been validated? Has there ever actually been a case where someone was legitimately going to pay a certain amount but withdrew because of backpack.tf? In particular, has this ever happened with a substantial amount? I don't mean the common hats like a Bubbling, common hat that may have just dropped here and led to a kid lowering his offer by a few keys.

Meh. i've been quoted bp.tf plenty of times by people who wanted to buy paint or robot parts. I just say i'm selling at x price "it's up to you". Majority people that have bothered to add me end up paying. 

My question is simple: Has that common argument ever been validated? Has there ever actually been a case where someone was legitimately going to pay a certain amount but withdrew because of backpack.tf? In particular, has this ever happened with a substantial amount? I don't mean the common hats like a Bubbling, common hat that may have just dropped here and led to a kid lowering his offer by a few keys.

The highest tier hat for which this has happened to me for sure was a GE milkman (originally 4-4.5, currency changes dropped it to 3-3.5). But I think it may have happened on hats up to ~8-10 buds in value because a few times I got the offer and the add, but then the person said, "but I don't want my bp value to drop too much..." 

Never an issue on hats >10 buds.

Archived