Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Diamond jozu

Add middleman list on this site

Recommended Posts

Diamond jozu    312
Diamond jozu

I understand there is on steamrep but IMO being a SR middleman is hard as process takes tooo long. It would be nice if bp.tf would consider to have this list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Teeny Tiny Cat    2587
Teeny Tiny Cat

Steamrep don't have middlemen, the list displayed on steamrep is middlemen from partner communities. Backpack.tf has no current desire contribute to such a list, as I would feel incredibly uncomfortable vouching for the trustworthiness of anyone I don't know extremely well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diamond jozu    312
Diamond jozu
1 hour ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

Steamrep don't have middlemen, the list displayed on steamrep is middlemen from partner communities. Backpack.tf has no current desire contribute to such a list, as I would feel incredibly uncomfortable vouching for the trustworthiness of anyone I don't know extremely well.

Well when apllying to be a middleman here,application would be the same when applying to be a mod to see if people know them or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Teeny Tiny Cat    2587
Teeny Tiny Cat
8 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

Well when apllying to be a middleman here,application would be the same when applying to be a mod to see if people know them or not

 

It's not the same thing remotely, hiring someone as a mod is nowhere close to vouching for them as trustworthy in trades. I don't really agree with or support the idea of "trusted middlemen" - anyone can go rogue and each person should make a decision for themselves about the trustworthiness of anyone they are trading with based on the available evidence at the time not some list a website gave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diamond jozu    312
Diamond jozu
28 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

 

It's not the same thing remotely, hiring someone as a mod is nowhere close to vouching for them as trustworthy in trades. I don't really agree with or support the idea of "trusted middlemen" - anyone can go rogue and each person should make a decision for themselves about the trustworthiness of anyone they are trading with based on the available evidence at the time not some list a website gave.

I understand what you mean due to the recent incident,no one can trust someonr alot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ksolis01    280
ksolis01
5 hours ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

 

It's not the same thing remotely, hiring someone as a mod is nowhere close to vouching for them as trustworthy in trades. I don't really agree with or support the idea of "trusted middlemen" - anyone can go rogue and each person should make a decision for themselves about the trustworthiness of anyone they are trading with based on the available evidence at the time not some list a website gave.

What about if we made applying to be a middleman a similar process to applying for a new bank account. Actual address, realm full name, social security number or something equivalent for non US people, etc. Enough information that they could be sued irl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freak4ever2000™    12
Freak4ever2000™
37 minutes ago, ksolis01 said:

What about if we made applying to be a middleman a similar process to applying for a new bank account. Actual address, realm full name, social security number or something equivalent for non US people, etc. Enough information that they could be sued irl.

I think this is a great idea. Stops dumb people from thinking they can easily be a middleman and make the big buck out of it. If someone really wants to be middleman, he has to be ok with the mods / admins knowing his adress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Diamond jozu    312
Diamond jozu
1 hour ago, ksolis01 said:

What about if we made applying to be a middleman a similar process to applying for a new bank account. Actual address, realm full name, social security number or something equivalent for non US people, etc. Enough information that they could be sued irl.

I strongly approve this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Communist Moose    52
Communist Moose
1 hour ago, ksolis01 said:

What about if we made applying to be a middleman a similar process to applying for a new bank account. Actual address, realm full name, social security number or something equivalent for non US people, etc. Enough information that they could be sued irl.

I guess some people would be more interested in giving up info as others. Honestly though, how secure is backpack that you could trust them with your full Address, name, and SSN of all things.

It's already crazy how much info marketplace wants me to give just to buy a key.

I still wouldn't trust the middleman too, tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
saveriocello    104
saveriocello

As good as that seems it also makes identify theif all over if that info shared in the application leaked especially socials

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Teeny Tiny Cat    2587
Teeny Tiny Cat

There is no way I want to be responsible for either vouching for people or holding their personal information. It's not happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HarryG    1254
HarryG
On 6/14/2018 at 1:26 AM, Diamond jozu said:

Well when apllying to be a middleman here,application would be the same when applying to be a mod to see if people know them or not

Half of the people that apply to be mods here are trash that nobody know anyways this is a terrible idea lmfao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Geel    592
Geel

The entire idea of middlemen is antiquated and unnecessary.

 

Backpack.tf is not going to vouch for anyone when we all know too well that everybody sucks.

 

Use a website like Marketplace.tf or OPSkins (lmao).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×