Add middleman list on this site

Diamond jozu

I understand there is on steamrep but IMO being a SR middleman is hard as process takes tooo long. It would be nice if bp.tf would consider to have this list.

• Administrators

Steamrep don't have middlemen, the list displayed on steamrep is middlemen from partner communities. Backpack.tf has no current desire contribute to such a list, as I would feel incredibly uncomfortable vouching for the trustworthiness of anyone I don't know extremely well.

1 hour ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

Steamrep don't have middlemen, the list displayed on steamrep is middlemen from partner communities. Backpack.tf has no current desire contribute to such a list, as I would feel incredibly uncomfortable vouching for the trustworthiness of anyone I don't know extremely well.

Well when apllying to be a middleman here,application would be the same when applying to be a mod to see if people know them or not

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

Well when apllying to be a middleman here,application would be the same when applying to be a mod to see if people know them or not

It's not the same thing remotely, hiring someone as a mod is nowhere close to vouching for them as trustworthy in trades. I don't really agree with or support the idea of "trusted middlemen" - anyone can go rogue and each person should make a decision for themselves about the trustworthiness of anyone they are trading with based on the available evidence at the time not some list a website gave.

28 minutes ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

It's not the same thing remotely, hiring someone as a mod is nowhere close to vouching for them as trustworthy in trades. I don't really agree with or support the idea of "trusted middlemen" - anyone can go rogue and each person should make a decision for themselves about the trustworthiness of anyone they are trading with based on the available evidence at the time not some list a website gave.

I understand what you mean due to the recent incident,no one can trust someonr alot

5 hours ago, Teeny Tiny Cat said:

What about if we made applying to be a middleman a similar process to applying for a new bank account. Actual address, realm full name, social security number or something equivalent for non US people, etc. Enough information that they could be sued irl.

37 minutes ago, ksolis01 said:

What about if we made applying to be a middleman a similar process to applying for a new bank account. Actual address, realm full name, social security number or something equivalent for non US people, etc. Enough information that they could be sued irl.

I think this is a great idea. Stops dumb people from thinking they can easily be a middleman and make the big buck out of it. If someone really wants to be middleman, he has to be ok with the mods / admins knowing his adress. 

1 hour ago, ksolis01 said:

I strongly approve this

1 hour ago, ksolis01 said:

I guess some people would be more interested in giving up info as others. Honestly though, how secure is backpack that you could trust them with your full Address, name, and SSN of all things.

It's already crazy how much info marketplace wants me to give just to buy a key.

I still wouldn't trust the middleman too, tbh.

As good as that seems it also makes identify theif all over if that info shared in the application leaked especially socials

• Administrators

There is no way I want to be responsible for either vouching for people or holding their personal information. It's not happening.

On 6/14/2018 at 1:26 AM, Diamond jozu said:

Half of the people that apply to be mods here are trash that nobody know anyways this is a terrible idea lmfao

• 1 month later...

The entire idea of middlemen is antiquated and unnecessary.

Backpack.tf is not going to vouch for anyone when we all know too well that everybody sucks.

Use a website like Marketplace.tf or OPSkins (lmao).

• Diamond jozu locked this topic

Archived