Iphone Problem,Need help!

metablack20109vr

Hi guys,i have the iphone 8,i having an issue with my iphone,so whenever i connect my iphone to my pc,its like the computer doesnt detect it,however i hear the 'new device plugged in sound',I wanna put some music and stuff with itunes,but my phone isnt detected on itunes either,Howerver when i use the cable to charge my phone,it charges fine,so my problem i think is either from my phone or my pc,i installed the current drivers and reistalled itunes and i still have the problem.Help would be gladly appreciated

Have you updated the phone? did you get a dialog to "trust this computer"? Check those things. How about the cable, is it in good condition? any breaks or damage could cause an issue like this. Try it on another computer if you can, just to rule things out. Also try another cable and even another iphone if you can, this will help you to pinpoint the problem. If it is the phone there are softwares you can use to take your data from the iphone without using itunes so you can back up from that. Its called "phone trans pro" if i remember right.

I often have this issue when I connect and it takes a few tries. Try unlocking the phone before you plug it in. Also update itunes and any software on your iphone.

If all else fails, try plugging your iphone into a different USB port on your computer

5 hours ago, kaytradamus said:

Have you updated the phone? did you get a dialog to "trust this computer"? Check those things. How about the cable, is it in good condition? any breaks or damage could cause an issue like this. Try it on another computer if you can, just to rule things out. Also try another cable and even another iphone if you can, this will help you to pinpoint the problem. If it is the phone there are softwares you can use to take your data from the iphone without using itunes so you can back up from that. Its called "phone trans pro" if i remember right.

Agreed, this is the best way to find out what is the issue because there are many possible technical issues

so i did update evrything,i dont get the 'trust this computer' message,the weirdest thing is that i found another cable that works with itunes,i (can add music,photos,videos etc from pc) but doesnt charge my phone when i try to use it for charging,idk whats going on xD

2 hours ago, metablack20109vr said:

so i did update evrything,i dont get the 'trust this computer' message,the weirdest thing is that i found another cable that works with itunes,i (can add music,photos,videos etc from pc) but doesnt charge my phone when i try to use it for charging,idk whats going on xD

This is because you get cables designed specifically for charging and also data transfer. You probably had a cable designed for charging only, and found one with the data transfer capability. Glad you got it sorted out roughly, id buy a nice pristine apple charge cable and treat it like glass if i were you :)

Thats weird maybe i never paid attention to that,well thank you dude and evryone for the help!

Archived