How to create a program that checks trade offers for scammers?

Toad

Wondering about a way to automatically check steamrep of people who have sent me a trade offer. I'm not a trading bot, I just want a program that assists me in this task when I'm online. I have a little bit of programming knowledge in Java and Python if it matters. I'd prefer not to code it myself and if you know of a program that does this, just link it to me.

4 hours ago, Toad said:

Wondering about a way to automatically check steamrep of people who have sent me a trade offer. I'm not a trading bot, I just want a program that assists me in this task when I'm online. I have a little bit of programming knowledge in Java and Python if it matters. I'd prefer not to code it myself and if you know of a program that does this, just link it to me.

rep.tf

Thanks. As far as I know, those are good for Steam on the web - I actually JUST found a good plugin for chrome called 'Steamrep checker', so right now, it looks like I'll use the browser steam.

Is there a way for a program to check incoming offers though? Like, the program alerts you if a scammer sent you a trade offer. I wager I'm getting into bot only territory because for that to work, it sounds like I'd need to login through this program.

For trade offers in the client, you could have something but someone would need to make it and you'd need to add an api key to your account which isn't really recommended.

Archived