Very huge Brokering Scam

KillerPenWhale

1 minute ago, fat gorilla said:

u have got to charge back, dont let him get away with this. Hes gonna feel stupid when he could have earned that money legit, but tried scamming and lost out. dumbass

Hopefully they accept the charge back anyone have experience with chargebacks

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Sero. said:

Hopefully they accept the charge back anyone have experience with chargebacks

You gotta show them as much proof as you can to for chargebacks

1 minute ago, Torb | Elite Spell Trader™ said:

You gotta show them as much proof as you can to for chargebacks

i have screenshots chat logs you name it

2 minutes ago, Sero. said:

i have screenshots chat logs you name it

i didnt know him to well, he could have lied to me...but he told me he was 16. I talked to him on discord and it didnt seem unreasonable for him to be so young. Maybe those who knew him better can confirm this. 

i didnt know him to well, he could have lied to me...but he told me he was 16. I talked to him on discord and it didnt seem unreasonable for him to be so young. Maybe those who knew him better can confirm this. 

https://backpack.tf/item/6860980077
https://backpack.tf/item/6860967660

there items where part of the deal aswell he sound much older he stated he was selling his hats to go college

2 minutes ago, Sero. said:

https://backpack.tf/item/6860980077
https://backpack.tf/item/6860967660

there items where part of the deal aswell he sound much older he stated he was selling his hats to go college

well who knows....,you, and the rest of us who lost items can just kiss that money goodbye. But u can get that paypal money back through chargebacks 

also, im friends with the guy who lost the scorching BOA, hes offline rn...dont think he knows yet. Ill have him submit as much evidence as possible.

4 minutes ago, Sero. said:

not fussed about the items more so the money

i think ur main hurdle is explaining tf2 items to paypal. The virtual economist made a video about how he was able to properly convey to paypal his situation and was able to get back his money. He gives the whole doc he used and how he explained it. I would def go watch that video, and if u can, get in contact with him. 

heres the video: 

i think ur main hurdle is explaining tf2 items to paypal. The virtual economist made a video about how he was able to properly convey to paypal his situation and was able to get back his money. He gives the whole doc he used and how he explained it. I would def go watch that video, and if u can, get in contact with him. 

definitely agree with this, hes got some experience with this and i bet he'd be happy to help

1 minute ago, Torb | Elite Spell Trader™ said:

definitely agree with this, hes got some experience with this and i bet he'd be happy to help

3 minutes ago, fat gorilla said:

thanks guys for the help

Just now, Sero. said:

thanks guys for the help

he stole a 200 key hat from me, not anywhere near what you lost, but it still hurts. I want him get as little benefit out of this as possible. And by you successfully charging back that insane amount of money...you, and everyone who got scammed wins. Atleast thats how I view it.  

Just now, fat gorilla said:

he stole a 200 key hat from me, not anywhere near what you lost, but it still hurts. I want him get as little benefit out of this as possible. And by you successfully charging back that insane amount of money...you, and everyone who got scammed wins. Atleast thats how I view it.  

im gonna take it further with lawyers

Just now, Sero. said:

i mean good luck to ya, but id first focus on getting that money charged back.  

• Administrators

Please can anyone scammed in any way make a report on site with the evidence Carnage described.

Report on steam with the same evidence.

14 minutes ago, Sero. said:

You should be able to charge back, paypal does this with virtual items now if you have proof, its not hard.

But a question. Did you do "pay for goods/services" or "send money to friends/family"

Oof if you selected "send money to friends/family" it might be more difficult to win the case. However, if you can get someone at Paypal who understands these types of online scams, similar to the one in TheVirtualEconomists' video, you should be fine.

34 minutes ago, Sero. said:

not fussed about the items more so the money

It's very rare that PayPal sides with the person selling virtual goods in the instance of a chargeback. You have a good chance of winning regardless of what evidence either side gives. Virtual items are NOT protected under seller protection so if you paid via goods and services you're in a pretty good spot. However, if it was with a card, even if you win the case PayPal will file a case against your credit card company to retrieve the money. That's how I won one of my chargeback cases once.

https://help.steampowered.com/en/accountdata/GetFriendMessagesLog

any victims of the scams go here to retrieve the chat messages, make sure to mouse over the name so in the bottom right corner is shows the preview for his steam profile

also go into your trading history and take an uncropped full screen screenshot mousing over his name to show the link preview.

damn this sucks for any of the victims :/ The brokering scam is one of the easiest to fall for, esp with ppl looking trustworthy.

Honestly Merp never seemed like the trustworthy type tbh; he was always pretty rude and would trade scammers left and right and talk about other sketchy stuff on mic on trade servers. Not like I expected this but at the same time I am not surprised in the slightest. 

Archived