Jump to content

Looking to upgrade my mouse / Get my friend a mouse and monitor


JayTuut

Recommended Posts

My friend is buying a PC, and I recommended him the PC (he insisted prebuilt lel) + keyboard, but not sure what for monitor/mouse

 

I looked through my old thread and found these two:

 

Logitech G403 and Razer Deathadder

 

Are these still pretty good? (thread was from '16 or '15?) or are there better alternatives at the price point. ($60-70)

 

 

I'm also looking to upgrade mine for the same price, somewhere like $60-$80 (AUD), currently have a TT black esports v2, so I am kinda into fat mouses, because of it not slim ones, as I kinda have a big hand too

 

 

Any recommendations?

 

 

(Also for monitor, just like under $200 probably, just a normal nice monitor)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

for the monitor id recommend the lg23mp68vq ! i have it, it's an IPS monitor, has freesync and the bezels are thin. I have an rx 560 so I can have 75hz with it. it's pretty good i got it for $140 usd. :-) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kohi.wav said:

for the monitor id recommend the lg23mp68vq ! i have it, it's an IPS monitor, has freesync and the bezels are thin. I have an rx 560 so I can have 75hz with it. it's pretty good i got it for $140 usd. :-) 

Googled it, no sellers come up apart from LG themselves which is $339 :c

Link to comment
Share on other sites

aww :-( well theres the ASUS VG254H, BenQ GW2480, BenQ GW2760HL.   I think theyre around that price point as well.  TN panels are normally cheaper than IPS monitors so if the color accuracy and the viewing angles arent that important to you then I suggest getting a TN monitor but it's nice to have an IPS monitor tbhh but they usually have high response time. VA Panels are the sweet spot but its quite hard to find but BenQ has somee of them. This monitor (Acer HA220Q) is pretty nice, it's under a 100 usd. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, kohi.wav said:

aww :-( well theres the ASUS VG254H, BenQ GW2480, BenQ GW2760HL.   I think theyre around that price point as well.  TN panels are normally cheaper than IPS monitors so if the color accuracy and the viewing angles arent that important to you then I suggest getting a TN monitor but it's nice to have an IPS monitor tbhh but they usually have high response time. VA Panels are the sweet spot but its quite hard to find but BenQ has somee of them. This monitor (Acer HA220Q) is pretty nice, it's under a 100 usd. :)

Response times are meaningless -- most aren't measured in any standard way, plus, even "high" response times aren't even remotely high enough to matter (even if they actually meant something). 

 

For a monitor, most are good -- just aim for IPS / TN depending on if you prefer better colors or better prices. You can also consider whether you want 60hz or something higher. Also, if you have an AMD GPU, then you can consider getting something with Freesync. 

3 hours ago, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

My friend is buying a PC, and I recommended him the PC (he insisted prebuilt lel) + keyboard, but not sure what for monitor/mouse

 

I looked through my old thread and found these two:

 

Logitech G403 and Razer Deathadder

 

 

Any recommendations?

Anything optical from Logitech or Steel Series is good. Anything Razer is best to be avoided. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Idk about the other people here but I personally use the razor deathadder and it feels just fine it’s good in the hand/looks cool it’s working fine at the moment and it’s giving me the aim I need so I would recommend that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a deathadder and I love it. It has the perfect amount of buttons for the type of gaming I do. I would definitely recommend it.

I have this for both my monitors https://www.amazon.com/VG248QE-1920x1080-144Hz-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00B2HH7G0 Kind of expensive now I guess, I got them for like half off that on black friday. 144hz was such an amazing upgrade. If he is semi serious casual gamer then he should probably get something that is at least like 100hz. The higher refresh rate makes games look so smooth too :wub:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use the steelseries rival 600, and it is the best according to rocket jump ninja, who seems to be a pretty good benchmark for mice. Failing that, my little brother uses the rival 310 which is pretty much identical except for a few LEDs and side buttons, and a lower cap on the dpi, as if anyone could actually find a use for over 4000.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use the taser naga hex, the buttons are pretty pointless for tf2 but it has great hand support and is quite quick and responsive. Def the most ergonomical mouse I’ve ever used.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Logitech G403 is pretty great, being lightweight and all its pretty great since it handles sweat pretty well too (unlike some Zowie products). Not sure about Razer Deathadder but i heard they are pretty decent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If he recommends pre built computers he isn't worthy enough to be your friend nor should he be trusted with a computer over a few bucks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

For a monitor, most are good -- just aim for IPS / TN depending on if you prefer better colors or better prices. You can also consider whether you want 60hz or something higher. Also, if you have an AMD GPU, then you can consider getting something with Freesync. 

Anything optical from Logitech or Steel Series is good. Anything Razer is best to be avoided. 

1. Not mine but he will have a 1070 with a ryzen 5 2600x

 

2. Why...

 

4 hours ago, rawrxdallday said:

If he recommends pre built computers he isn't worthy enough to be your friend nor should he be trusted with a computer over a few bucks

He didn't recommend... What.

 

11 hours ago, ThePickleCat said:

I have a deathadder and I love it. It has the perfect amount of buttons for the type of gaming I do. I would definitely recommend it.

I have this for both my monitors https://www.amazon.com/VG248QE-1920x1080-144Hz-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00B2HH7G0 Kind of expensive now I guess, I got them for like half off that on black friday. 144hz was such an amazing upgrade. If he is semi serious casual gamer then he should probably get something that is at least like 100hz. The higher refresh rate makes games look so smooth too :wub:

 

Youre alive? Oh my god

Yeah that's expensive... Maybe if half off sure but yeah 😂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

1. Not mine but he will have a 1070 with a ryzen 5 2600x

 

2. Why...

 

He didn't recommend... What.

 

 

Youre alive? Oh my god

Yeah that's expensive... Maybe if half off sure but yeah 😂

 

Because Razer makes low quality junk that is more likely to break, while Logitech makes all around excellent mice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use a wireless Logitech g602, <$40.  Had mine for 5 years now, battery life is amazing and they'll replace it no questions asked for the first three years you own it.  Highly recommend if you don't like wires like me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

Because Razer makes low quality junk that is more likely to break, while Logitech makes all around excellent mice. 

 

Lies

 

> Sent from razer phone

 

:P 

 

Never had anything razer other then my phone tho, but all the reviews and even people saying it in this and last thread make me think the mouse is good

 

But anyway probably gonna get the G403 or something in the G series Logitech for him. Not sure what im gonna get myself tho

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, AD⚡HD said:

I use the taser naga hex, the buttons are pretty pointless for tf2 but it has great hand support and is quite quick and responsive. Def the most ergonomical mouse I’ve ever used.

 

Not sure what im looking at here since there are so many, naga chroma, naga trinity, naga hex v2, naga epic

 

None that are just "naga hex" lel

 

Also did mean razer not taser? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, ThePickleCat said:

I have a deathadder and I love it. It has the perfect amount of buttons for the type of gaming I do. I would definitely recommend it.

I have this for both my monitors https://www.amazon.com/VG248QE-1920x1080-144Hz-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B00B2HH7G0 Kind of expensive now I guess, I got them for like half off that on black friday. 144hz was such an amazing upgrade. If he is semi serious casual gamer then he should probably get something that is at least like 100hz. The higher refresh rate makes games look so smooth too :wub:

razer 4 life :P
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

Because Razer makes low quality junk that is more likely to break, while Logitech makes all around excellent mice. 

 

I don't know about you but I don't drop my mouse on the floor that often and neither do I smash my computer screen with it soo......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

 

Lies

 

> Sent from razer phone

 

:P 

 

Never had anything razer other then my phone tho, but all the reviews and even people saying it in this and last thread make me think the mouse is good

 

But anyway probably gonna get the G403 or something in the G series Logitech for him. Not sure what im gonna get myself tho

The Razer phone is made by a different division, and so far doesn't seem to suffer from problems. 

 

The mouse is good.....until it breaks. 

 

5 hours ago, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

@AwesomeMcCoolName 

 

whats the difference between the g502 and the g403?

They are both $89

 

edit: also the g402

The difference is the sensor and physical aspects. But all are good. 

2 hours ago, Festive Black Dragon said:

 

I don't know about you but I don't drop my mouse on the floor that often and neither do I smash my computer screen with it soo......

That's not the only thing that leads to problems. Razer has a quality control problem. Pick any tech forum and ask for the number of people who have had issues with various product lines, I guarantee Razer will be significantly higher. After 2013 they started to make crap. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, AwesomeMcCoolName said:

The difference is the sensor and physical aspects. But all are good. 

Whats the difference in sensors? I'm not a mouse guy so could i get a ELI5 on the sensors? <3 (and which mouse has what that ive listed)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

Whats the difference in sensors? I'm not a mouse guy so could i get a ELI5 on the sensors? <3 (and which mouse has what that ive listed)

The difference in sensors is that the G502 has the better sensor (more accurate), but realistically, you're very unlikely to notice a difference in that regard. 

 

Have you listed something other than "is fat"? It will really come down to what's comfortable. Also check out the Mionix Naos 7000.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...