Suggestion question: Allies extinguished part, Blind Polar Bear.

The G What ™

http://backpack.tf/vote/id/52e968814dd7b8fe268b4568

Why was this accepted?

Very little proof was provided, and as Jimmy Hunter pointed out on the suggestion, all 4 links were invalid in one way or another. 

As a matter of fact, it doesn't look like any of them went for a key until after that suggestion was posted. 

While I don't doubt that the item in question could easily sell for much higher than the backpack price, the suggestion was thin at best. 

Not accusing anyone, just looking for clarification. 

Just ask blind polar bear. Message him

Last time I did that to a mod they asked me to make a thread out of it in this format. I dunno I guess they wanna keep the spam down?

Last time I did that to a mod they asked me to make a thread out of it in this format. I dunno I guess they wanna keep the spam down?

if i had to guess it would have to do with transparency.

Very little proof was provided

There are a total of 7 sellers on the market. There isn't a lot of proof available. The ones that do sell go either instantly for 3 ref or 6 ref-1 key. In my comment, I showed what happens to a seller who posts for 3 ref. Multiple adds within minutes. Clearly an issue where people who follow the site blindly are getting "sharked" by knowledgeable traders who recognize how easy it is to sell for a key. I thought it was about time to match the market value. Sure a suggestion of 0.8-1 would have been better, but there was no counter-suggestion up and it was obviously better than the current range of 3 ref flat

EDIT: if anyone wants to adjust it to a more accurate range with a counter-suggestion, feel free to do so. 

there is a bunch of proof in the comments suggesting that the range is close to accurate. polar bear did say .8-1 would be better, but this is certainly better than that 3 ref flat range

There are a total of 7 sellers on the market. There isn't a lot of proof available. The ones that do sell go either instantly for 3 ref or 6 ref-1 key. In my comment, I showed what happens to a seller who posts for 3 ref. Multiple adds within minutes. Clearly an issue where people who follow the site blindly are getting "sharked" by knowledgeable traders who recognize how easy it is to sell for a key. I thought it was about time to match the market value. Sure a suggestion of 0.8-1 would have been better, but there was no counter-suggestion up and it was obviously better than the current range of 3 ref flat

EDIT: if anyone wants to adjust it to a more accurate range with a counter-suggestion, feel free to do so. 

I still disagree with the mentality that "A range closer to the real range is better than an outdated one even when the proof sucks," but I do understand it. Thank you for the response. 

Archived