New scam?

hfddgjhsa

I have never seen this method before and when I googled it I got no similar cases.

I was approached by a guy who said that he owned a jackpot site and he could make me win a couple of jackpots every week if I helped promote the site. He sent me the link to a realistic looking gambling site and made me choose a person in the pot that he would make win the pot. I chose a person and the same person won verifying that he was in control over the site. But when I checked the profiles of the people playing you could see that they either hadn't installed the game at all or their inventory didn't have any valuable items. (The pots on the site were for hundreds of dollars). I even asked if rigging the pot was the only way to get paid and he said it was because "that is how he was told they're supposed to do it". After I denied his offer he said he could make me win a pot right now and that's where the scam comes in. If I agreed to deposit something I would probably see that I won on the site but would never receive my "winnings". I think they targeted me because I have one low-tier unusual and they would probably persuade me to deposit it.

This is a very old scam in csgo called fake gambling website scam.its now coming in tf2 due to the 7 days ban in csgo

My recommendation is to not sign in these sites.they can even steal your id abd password and hijack your acc too!!

This is a normal scamm in cs:go but i´ve never seen it in TF2 for the users that are in touch whit the sc:go trading scene they will now about it and just ignore it but for people that dont they could fall for it, i think its very cool from your part that you did this post and try to let less experience traders know this 

just had 2 scammers add me, they both had generic names (Steven, Louisa) and fake pfp, but had the same profile desc. "For any questions feel free to ask :steamhappy:" Then they said that if i advertise the site, they'll make me win a jackpot. I asked if it cost anything to play, and they said 10$ minimum lol

Archived