Well known bot autobumping trade while never being online

Toad

Just wondering if it's against the rules to have your bot autobump your trades but never be online (over a week now). It bumps it right on the 2 hour mark every single time.

2 hours ago, Zeus_Junior said:

If it accepts trades then yea, bots can be run in offline mode

1 hour ago, Toad said:

Seems completely fair...

What would be unfair about that? It's doing everything it would if online. The only difference is that it has a gray outline instead of a blue/green one...

4 hours ago, Toad said:

Seems completely fair...

What's exactly unfair about the bot trading as intended?

14 minutes ago, Avery, A birb said:

What's exactly unfair about the bot trading as intended?

Probably confused it with autobump (donation/premium) not realizing that bot bumps its listings without it.

On 5/23/2018 at 2:18 PM, Seiko said:

What would be unfair about that? It's doing everything it would if online. The only difference is that it has a gray outline instead of a blue/green one...

Because regular people without bots cannot compete...? Ffs, how is using an auto bumping script even fair?

I'm pretty sure this was a heavily enforced rule on outpost, here, or some tf2 site I'm forgetting about.

Edit: Checked, Outpost has a rule against script bumping, pretty sure Bazaar would do the same (don't quote me though). 

37 minutes ago, Toad said:

Because regular people without bots cannot compete...? Ffs, how is using an auto bumping script even fair?

I'm pretty sure this was a heavily enforced rule on outpost, here, or some tf2 site I'm forgetting about.

Edit: Checked, Outpost has a rule against script bumping, pretty sure Bazaar would do the same (don't quote me though). 

Get a bot then :D i'd like to recommend Bot tf's to you for its amazingness, as for "autobumping" you can also "appear offline" and still bump your trades

2 hours ago, Toad said:

I think most of this thread is a misunderstanding.

I perceived it to be you saying that you didn't like bots with premium who were in "offline" status on steam but kept having their trades bumped.

It seems like you're saying that you don't like bots that have auto-bump third-party scripts, but don't have premium. Totally understandable. I'm pretty sure this can be reported, but get a mod's opinion. 

If you POST to the heartbeat API endpoint despite being offline, it will bump your trades and give you lightening. This is true even if you don't have premium. As long as you have lightening and the account performs as a bot(ie. autoaccept in max 30 sec) it is fine afaik.

20 hours ago, Seiko said:

I think most of this thread is a misunderstanding.

I perceived it to be you saying that you didn't like bots with premium who were in "offline" status on steam but kept having their trades bumped.

It seems like you're saying that you don't like bots that have auto-bump third-party scripts, but don't have premium. Totally understandable. I'm pretty sure this can be reported, but get a mod's opinion. 

I'm confused, what's the difference? Both require auto bumping scripts.

Archived