Been Scammed

Lamebro1

When trade offers first came out they were scary as hell imo. I might just take mine off outpost just in case another glitch is found or something like that.

I have had this .rar file thing happen to me a while back, and it was terrible. The guy added me and said he had been scammed by an impersonator of mine and had the screenshots in a .rar (yes i know stupid to open it, ex.) i was going to help him make a steamrep report. But the point is is it was a huge deal, was a rat and they got my paypal, steam, facebook, email, anything they wanted. And running scans did NOT work, I had to go into msconfig and stop the bug from starting whenever my computer booted (was hidden as a itunes mobile device start up thing). Scary pics n shit popped up on my screen, they had all my info and everything so i ended up nuking my comp, completely starting fresh. I suggest you do the same just to be safe.

GL getting your stuff back.

When trade offers first came out they were scary as hell imo. I might just take mine off outpost just in case another glitch is found or something like that.

I have had this .rar file thing happen to me a while back, and it was terrible. The guy added me and said he had been scammed by an impersonator of mine and had the screenshots in a .rar (yes i know stupid to open it, ex.) i was going to help him make a steamrep report. But the point is is it was a huge deal, was a rat and they got my paypal, steam, facebook, email, anything they wanted. And running scans did NOT work, I had to go into msconfig and stop the bug from starting whenever my computer booted (was hidden as a itunes mobile device start up thing). Scary pics n shit popped up on my screen, they had all my info and everything so i ended up nuking my comp, completely starting fresh. I suggest you do the same just to be safe.

GL getting your stuff back.

Thank you for this useful tip, will consider doing this if anything wierd starts happening i'l do this

Thank you for this useful tip, will consider doing this if anything wierd starts happening i'l do this

Well of course they could wait a week r 2 and then take ur stuff again (if you get it back) if the bug isnt gone. thats the main reason why i did it, valve allows 1 restore only if its a proven hijacking. I didnt like taking that chance. Its a pain to start fresh but worth it when ur rich haha.

how i checked msconfig btw if you dont know. Run, msconfig, startup, and anything that has an unknown Manufacturer i unchecked. i had Mobile iTunes or something like that and the manufacturer was unknown (Apple Inc. is what it should have been)

Hope valve is gonna restore all your items...........

If Lamebro presents himself properly, that shouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind they only restore once per account though.

My friend Jojobirdie and I wre sending trade offers before and this happened to us

A while back my friend Jojo and I were making stupid trade offers to eachother, I sent him one with my hearts dapper+Robo active robo baker for alot of crap in his bp+sulphorus attendant. Wierdly enough It got accepted when my friend just clicked send counter offer. Its a glitch with the system sadly 

My friend Jojobirdie and I wre sending trade offers before and this happened to us

A while back my friend Jojo and I were making stupid trade offers to eachother, I sent him one with my hearts dapper+Robo active robo baker for alot of crap in his bp+sulphorus attendant. Wierdly enough It got accepted when my friend just clicked send counter offer. Its a glitch with the system sadly 

To paranoid to use trade offers now, i think 1 guy did a trade offer once 1 scrap for my cloud 9 fedora maybe he try it to trigger the glitch :|

Fuck me I just noticed.

Some guy named Domme Hooves was like: Explain these photos and put it on a rar file on my profile.

I deleted his comment but opened the rar file and tried to open what was in it (screenshots)

They wouldn't open however when I put it onto desktop it showed a faint image.

I can't track the guy down again and I deleted his comment of which he put on my profile.

Someone track this guy down.

I think this is what happened to you.

I heard this happened to someone else while they were asleep, after they clicked one of those links http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tf2outpost/discussions/3/558746089398646512/

Basically you got hijacked. You clicked the link, and this allowed the hijacker to use some sort of application to manually control your screen and send and accept the offer. The situation linked above is similar to yours.

Report to steam support as a hijack, and they should dupe your items

It also makes sense why Gabroz asked how long it is until you're going to sleep, Gabroz wanted to know how long it was until he could hijack you. 

Archived