Computer Case with good airflow (<$150 AUD)

JayTuut

Was looking at the Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB but looking at the reviews apparently even with 4 fans it doesnt have good airflow

It looks sick and i was really close to buying it, but airflow is something I really need (not much airflow in the room itself, Australia gets pretty hot etc etc)

So would this be fine? It probably would but wondering if there are much better cases with good airflow <$150 AUD (this is $93 AUD)

If you need good airflow buy something with mesh front and top vents like Cooler Master Mastercase MC500 or Fractal Design Meshify C.

If you wanted to spend a bit extra for some really good airflow, you could always go with the Cooler Master H500P Mesh. I don't know if you mind if the case is white or not, but it does have some really large fans that replace the air in the chassis quite quickly.

cooler master n200, n600... corsair c70. Personally i use a nzxt source 340 which is a silent style case but has two 140mm fans upfront, one 140/120 and one 120 at the rear. If you turn the psu round you can use the fan to exhaust hot air from the case, and blower style graphics cards also do this (whilst being hotter in themselves). In my situation the case works well and the fans never really kick up too loud, im also using noctua fans. But in AUS it gets super hot so idk if id go for a silent style case. Depends on your config really but id just make sure youve got enough room for potential future rads or anything like that if the cooling situation becomes a serious issue

Just use some old box from the top of your closet, if the airflow is not good enough, just poke some holes with a screwdriver

ubuntubox_inside.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 8:42 PM, rozsef said:

If you need good airflow buy something with mesh front and top vents like Cooler Master Mastercase MC500 or Fractal Design Meshify C.

On 5/9/2018 at 11:00 PM, Haxor Gaming said:

If you wanted to spend a bit extra for some really good airflow, you could always go with the Cooler Master H500P Mesh. I don't know if you mind if the case is white or not, but it does have some really large fans that replace the air in the chassis quite quickly.

On 5/10/2018 at 3:39 AM, kaytradamus said:

cooler master n200, n600... corsair c70. Personally i use a nzxt source 340 which is a silent style case but has two 140mm fans upfront, one 140/120 and one 120 at the rear. If you turn the psu round you can use the fan to exhaust hot air from the case, and blower style graphics cards also do this (whilst being hotter in themselves). In my situation the case works well and the fans never really kick up too loud, im also using noctua fans. But in AUS it gets super hot so idk if id go for a silent style case. Depends on your config really but id just make sure youve got enough room for potential future rads or anything like that if the cooling situation becomes a serious issue

I actually forgot about this thread I made

I ended up getting help from reddit and going for a Fractal Meshify C (white TG) for $149 (AUD)

Really nice case, love how the white looks, little stormtrooper and the open glass is pretty helpful on the side. Love it so far, good airflow, put my GPU down like 30 degrees and my CPU down 20.

Lol, good case choice, remember to get some intake fans for the front of the case and you will most likely get even more airflow.

Archived