BP.TF Mods Explain

Pigeon

So recently I was doing stuff and I realised this 

https://backpack.tf/u/76561198344933095

A bot got suspended for trading with scammers, the bot seems to be using the bp.tf software shit (that auto accepts), yet it still got suspended?

Isn't this a fault on your end, not the bots? 

Also if you reply with "It is your responsibility to know who you are trading with at all times. Please read the guide for background checks and be more careful in future: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/29027-guide-for-background-checks/"

Please fuck off, anyway a good response would be nice to have that explains this further, if this is my stupid fault please call me out on it

I wonder what is the precedent for this, and am a bit surprised this hasn't come up before more frequently. I take it that the mods are applying the rule as in if a user was the one to see the trade, notice that the person they are trading with have one sided trades with scammers, and deduce that these are scammers alts. Whatever software the bot was using only used if a user was marked and not by anything else. I guess you should have set the bot to not auto accept trades over a certain value and have you confirm them. It is cumbersome but if the mods allow anyone to just use bots to circumvent the rules, might as well do away with rules. Did you receive any warnings before and/or who your bot was trading it when it came to high value items? I know nothing beyond the reports so I can't make a judgment for sure if you did something wrong and am just listing the possibilities.

Already discussed in great detail here, read Teenies posts: 

And bp.tf automatic is loong outdated, and I would advise anyone who doesn't have the knowledge to improve it themselves with coding to not use it, it's also not supported or advertised anymore since more than a year and doesn't meet the requirements for a background check. Not that the bot was using that anyways.

For example I'm still using bp.tf automatic but I have to manually confirm all final trades to avoid trading with scammer alts.

we understand this might be a huge problem but saying 'fuck you' to the mods isnt very nice.they are trying their best.plus it is also the owner's fault a bit as he never did any updates nor checked his steam/bot at all.he doesnt even have to play the game.he only has to check.therefore mods are correct that its their resposibility

12 hours ago, Woifi The Viking said:

Already discussed in great detail here, read Teenies posts: 

And bp.tf automatic is loong outdated, and I would advise anyone who doesn't have the knowledge to improve it themselves with coding to not use it, it's also not supported or advertised anymore since more than a year and doesn't meet the requirements for a background check. Not that the bot was using that anyways.

For example I'm still using bp.tf automatic but I have to manually confirm all final trades to avoid trading with scammer alts.

Aight thanks for that man!

6 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

we understand this might be a huge problem but saying 'fuck you' to the mods isnt very nice.they are trying their best.plus it is also the owner's fault a bit as he never did any updates nor checked his steam/bot at all.he doesnt even have to play the game.he only has to check.therefore mods are correct that its their resposibility

I only said to fuck off if they gave me a dumb reply, as the one I stated.

14 hours ago, Pigeon said:

Also if you reply with "It is your responsibility to know who you are trading with at all times. Please read the guide for background checks and be more careful in future: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/29027-guide-for-background-checks/"

Please fuck off, anyway a good response would be nice to have that explains this further, if this is my stupid fault please call me out on it

That actually is the answer, though.

bp.tf automatic is no longer supported or endorsed in any way by the site, so it's on the same footing as any other piece of third-party software that you find, configure, or write yourself.  If you thought it was a special case because of association with the site, well, it's not.

It's this simple:

- You have to follow the rules.

- Any software / bot you use must also follow the rules.  It's your responsibility to make sure that any software you use does not result in rule breaking.

2 minutes ago, 3.50 said:

That actually is the answer, though.

bp.tf automatic is no longer supported or endorsed in any way by the site, so it's on the same footing as any other piece of third-party software that you find, configure, or write yourself.  If you thought it was a special case because of association with the site, well, it's not.

It's this simple:

- You have to follow the rules.

- Any software / bot you use must also follow the rules.  It's your responsibility to make sure that any software you use does not result in rule breaking.

They are the ones who still somewhat promote it on classifieds, if they don't want this to happen why would they promote a faulty software that let's this happen?

2 minutes ago, Pigeon said:

They are the ones who still somewhat promote it on classifieds, if they don't want this to happen why would they promote a faulty software that let's this happen?

Where is it promoted?

5 minutes ago, Woifi The Viking said:

Where is it promoted?

The lightning symbol in the classifieds, I think, is what he means.  You can still configure things yourself, and have automatic trades.  Profile badges earned by using it still exist.  The last remnants have not been swept away.

You could get a vague impression that it was still an official thing, if you didn't look carefully.

I wouldn't call that promoting it, though.

Just now, 3.50 said:

The lightning symbol in the classifieds, I think, is what he means.  You can still configure things yourself, and have automatic trades.  Profile badges earned by using it still exist.  The last remnants have not been swept away.

You could get a vague impression that it was still an official thing, if you didn't look carefully.

I wouldn't call that promoting it, though.

If you click on the lightning symbol in the top right it gives you a detailed explanation. The lightning symbol also just means that a bot is used that is using the bp.tf heartbeat API.

4 minutes ago, Woifi The Viking said:

If you click on the lightning symbol in the top right ...

But that requires going and looking for the answers yourself, rather than simply yelling for an adult to come help.

Archived