New scam method ?

Jaroslaweye Jarzabk

Is this comment on one of your screenshots? I had a marked scammer/impersonator comment recently on one of my screenshots instead of my main profile. I assume this is to hide their attempt from other users who would warn you about the user/account/attempted fraud (and you still get a notification so you can check it easily). 

I already posted abt the same thing a few weeks ago,i copy pasted the comment instead of screenshoting it,some cancerous noobz on this community called me out for trying to scam and stuff while they dont even know whats an ip or cmd they barely know how to open their browser.

The exact methods may change, but the basic concept remains the same: create an account that you believe your victim will trust (it can be a well-known trader, a Valve employee, etc. depending on your target), then send them a malicious link disguised as one they would want to click, and get them to enter their info.

Methods do evolve over time, though.  That's why you just don't click links, and you 200% don't click links and then enter your login details/Steam Guard code.

this does seem a new method but an old scam/new meaning that they posted this on your pic/artwork so that other people cant see it to warn you.use some logical thinking as well,if this was a real thing,valve wouldnt approach you this way.instead,you would receive a notification under 'community message' or something like that.its a direct message between you and the said mods/valve staff.they will not approach you in this manner.please do not click any of their links.this is a SCAM

17 hours ago, 42isTooShort said:

Is this comment on one of your screenshots? I had a marked scammer/impersonator comment recently on one of my screenshots instead of my main profile. I assume this is to hide their attempt from other users who would warn you about the user/account/attempted fraud (and you still get a notification so you can check it easily). 

yeah, idid instantly delete that 

Archived