Price suggestions

LeROY

I see a lot of suggestions getting accepted after just 5-6 hours.. Sometimes even less! Does voting even matter at these (or any) items?

Considering people sleep and work f or 2/3 of the day, there should be a 24h minimum for any suggestion to be accepted... or what do you think?

sugg1.JPG

sugg2.JPG

sugg3.JPG

sugg4.JPG

All those suggestions have a really huge amount of votes in their favour, like 55 upvotes to 5 downvotes only and the proof is correct. The amount of votes received drops by a huuge amount once they leave the front page (under recent suggestions). I don't see a problem with accepting those.

Yes not everyone is able to vote on every possible suggestion ever but I think there is still plenty to vote left.

20 minutes ago, Woifi The Viking said:

All those suggestions have a really huge amount of votes in their favour, like 55 upvotes to 5 downvotes only and the proof is correct. The amount of votes received drops by a huuge amount once they leave the front page (under recent suggestions). I don't see a problem with accepting those.

Yes not everyone is able to vote on every possible suggestion ever but I think there is still plenty to vote left.

That doesnt change the fact that: If theres a vote that counts for anything; Everyone should have the opportunity to give theirs.

1 hour ago, ultiwar said:

That doesnt change the fact that: If theres a vote that counts for anything; Everyone should have the opportunity to give theirs.

Prices are not decided with democratic votes. What the votes are used for is when the suggestion's evidence is not 100% proof and the proper decision can go either way. The staff member in charge of accepting/denying the suggestion would then use the votes as a major factor in the final decision.

When you see a suggestion accepted rapidly, it is because the proof is iron-clad enough that there is little to no reason to not make the price change immediate. Delaying the suggestion for more votes in those cases is just adding bureaucracy for the sake of bureaucracy.

1 hour ago, Scott Bakula said:

When you see a suggestion accepted rapidly, it is because the proof is iron-clad enough that there is little to no reason to not make the price change immediate. Delaying the suggestion for more votes in those cases is just adding bureaucracy for the sake of bureaucracy.

Im not a politician so I dont really care about that. The reason Im even mentioning this is theres been 2 price suggestions(that I know of) where my sales were provided as proof/evidence, that were missing items.

Both were accepted in less then 8 hours. I got 1 re-suggested, as it was a significant drop in price(I had sold so it didnt affect me)

Ive spent the last hour trying to remember/find the unusual with no luck...

Anyways, what Im trying to say is; this would probably have been avoided if suggestion wasnt accepted in such a short time.. or I didnt live in Europe

most price suggestions that accepted fast like that are actually re-suggestions so they have already been pending for along time 

Just now, saveriocello said:

most price suggestions that accepted fast like that are actually re-suggestions so they have already been pending for along time 

No they`re not! Where did you get that fact from?

9 hours ago, Scott Bakula said:

Prices are not decided with democratic votes. What the votes are used for is when the suggestion's evidence is not 100% proof and the proper decision can go either way. The staff member in charge of accepting/denying the suggestion would then use the votes as a major factor in the final decision.

:thistbh:

Price suggestions are suggesting prices around the most common trading point. When you have 20+ sales(thanks bot.tf stats) around the same price it's easy to pinpoint that common trading point since it has solid proof.

Unusuals/items that don't have much sales(that are useable) stay for a week or more since more opinions are welcome and the decision is tougher.

Take it this way: you have 2 cases of murder. In the first case there is a clean photo of the killers face while doing the crime and in the second case there is only a bad videotape recording from a bad angle that only indicates the killers identity. In which case will the killer be convicted faster?

8 hours ago, ultiwar said:

Im not a politician so I dont really care about that. The reason Im even mentioning this is theres been 2 price suggestions(that I know of) where my sales were provided as proof/evidence, that were missing items.

Both were accepted in less then 8 hours. I got 1 re-suggested, as it was a significant drop in price(I had sold so it didnt affect me)

Ive spent the last hour trying to remember/find the unusual with no luck...

Anyways, what Im trying to say is; this would probably have been avoided if suggestion wasnt accepted in such a short time.. or I didnt live in Europe

You are free to create a counter suggestion fixing the sale with the missed items.

21 hours ago, ultiwar said:

No they`re not! Where did you get that fact from?

uh from the 222 accepted suggestions I have 

Archived