The Last Holdout

ksolis01

The tf2 economy is the last sizable economy with no trading restrictions as PUBG has banned it completely and csgo has a one week cool down. Is tf2 next? Anyone with contacts in the actual tf2 dev team know information about this? I fear tf2 is next.

For the time being I think we will be fine, however once these gambling sites realise this is is the only usable economy, I fear they will move here - leaving us to suffer the same fate.

Lets hope not and look at the positives that there has been a sudden influx in demand as everyone scrambles to move to Tf2 trading.

PUBG trading ban is only temporary. CS:GO was to stop their mostly gambling problems. Tf2 doesn't have a big gambling issue so I see no reason why they would want to change the trading for tf2 currently imo.

5 hours ago, ksolis01 said:

The tf2 economy is the last sizable economy with no trading restrictions as PUBG has banned it completely and csgo has a one week cool down. Is tf2 next? Anyone with contacts in the actual tf2 dev team know information about this? I fear tf2 is next.

Dota2?

I may be a little outta the loop here, what do you mean PUBG has banned trading? what/when did that happen?

There was a trade ban on all PUBG items for trades between players. Anyone can still sell their items on the market. This mostly was to shut down gambling operations.

2 hours ago, Phink said:

Dota2?

I could be wrong, but I don't really heard about people trading Dota 2 items. Definitely some trading going on but the majority is already through scm unlike tf2 where the majority is through trading.

1 hour ago, Kireek said:

I may be a little outta the loop here, what do you mean PUBG has banned trading? what/when did that happen?

7 hours ago, thespeedy said:

PUBG trading ban is only temporary. CS:GO was to stop their mostly gambling problems. Tf2 doesn't have a big gambling issue so I see no reason why they would want to change the trading for tf2 currently imo.

as has been said, some of the concern is that tf2 WILL grow to have the "big gambling issue" because the gambling sites/users will be driven from csgo to tf2, thus prompting valve to implement a similar 1week trade lock for tf2

7 hours ago, thespeedy said:

there is still sites that do tf2 gambling btw

so its the next thing on the list 

I think if there are tf2 gambling sites, the sites get taken down so fast because there are so little of them.

59 minutes ago, killerpanda993 said:

Then there used to be tf2pot and sweetstakes.tf, but those were taken down 

Dunno about tf2pot, but sweepstakes had the same owner as scrap tf and also currently bp tf. The owners have connections to the actual Tf2 dev team so they are gonna be on point with immediately following through with what Valve tells them.

Archived