The current state of the trading scene...Are we doomed?

metablack20109vr

Hey guys,im here to debate,get answers,and hear your opinions.

As you guys may know,i heard about the new trading ban in csgo system,which really annoyed me,since i like csgo,i was about to switch to that game.When suddenly,yesterday,something similar happened in pubg,as you can read here: https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1651010346588615246

Since i have been trading in tf2 for a long time,im really worried,i feel liked this is going to happen to all games that have a trading system,they are trying to kill 3rd party sites so they can get more F money.

What are your guys thoughts on the future on tf2?Should i cash out now?im literaly in a dilemma,since i wanna trade more,but im also aiming to cash out evrything at some point, though now could the best time to cash out.

I think we’re going to see a shift from loot boxes (aka gambling for kids) just because the legal shit that comes with it,, but I still think trading will be alive and well. Valve recently talked about how trading should be a vital part of their next game Artifact, that makes me think they have atleast some understanding how important trading is for their games.

I earned plenty from people cashing out when the csgo update hit, people panicking can be a lovely thing.

8 minutes ago, tardlife said:

I think we’re going to see a shift from loot boxes (aka gambling for kids) just because the legal shit that comes with it,, but I still think trading will be alive and well. Valve recently talked about how trading should be a vital part of their next game Artifact, that makes me think they have atleast some understanding how important trading is for their games.

I earned plenty from people cashing out when the csgo update hit, people panicking can be a lovely thing.

You never know,could be a good opportunity to make profit of people who panick,but tbh im panicking too,you never know'

I believe they only did it to shut down gambling and since we shut down sweetstakes.tf we aren’t threatened

I do not think the gambeling sites would move on to tf2 because tf2's trading system is far more complex than that from cs:go

Unlike the cancerous trading scene there is in pubg and csgo, with many 3rd party websites using the steam api for either gambling or scamming/hijacking people, tf2 barely has any of that. And yea, there is tf2wild, but that is nothing compared to what csgo and pubg have. Tf2wild isnt really recognized by the community, except by loads of scammers trying their luck with profit. As with pricing, csgo and pubg mostly rely on scm price, while the major tf2 economy would get their prices off of backpack.tf (dont get me wrong, but this could be probably true). With this in mind, people will move into tf2, and trading will be more lively.

Archived