Unusual Hoarding

Julia Gillard the Honest

By that title, I mean hoarding a single hat with a particular effect. I'm not talking about collectors who have one of each effect for a single hat. I mean hoarding only one type of unusual. Has anyone ever done this in a way that was financially (in TF2) successful? For example, say I decided to buy every Sunbeams Your Worst Nightmare. Would I be able to then sell them for a substantial profit? I'm curious to know if anyone has actually tried this with valuable hats. The only case that I know of is a certain someone who likes N&B Coupes but he didn't exactly do that for profit. ;)

Good luck buying from chewbs 

Anyways. You won't make much profit. But when selling, you'll have the advantage since you're the only seller

Well once I had 4 vivid luchas (still have 3.) When there's no competition, they are forced to go to you. I also had 3 planet engie caps once. I think I have made profit overall

There was a guy who had thirty something nuts and bolts stately steel toes, he's trying to get around ten buds for the lot of them. Which isnt much.

I saw this guy with a backpack of almost every kind of Unusual Team Captain in the game, including Burning Flames, Nut's n' Bolts and even the #1 Craft Team Captain. He's not planning on selling any either.

I saw this guy with a backpack of almost every kind of Unusual Team Captain in the game, including Burning Flames, Nut's n' Bolts and even the #1 Craft Team Captain. He's not planning on selling any either.

Apparently you don't know who Mattie is nor do you know what a collector is.

<_<

Apparently you don't know who Mattie is nor do you know what a collector is.

Much hate, let us forget the past and put our differences aside.

Much hate, let us forget the past and put our differences aside.

implying that wouldn't have been my response either way

implying that wouldn't have been my response either way

I don't really see you're problem with me, you wanna be mean, go ahead, it's not gonna make anything better.

I can see it being effective with the retired hats as otherwise there's always a chance more will pop into existence.

For me, the closest thing I've ever done to something like that was in Neopets when I was solely responsible for inflating a worthless advent calendar prize's value from 1np to 1,000 np. I think by the time I had lost interest I owned around 4,000 of them.

Good luck buying from chewbs 

Anyways. You won't make much profit. But when selling, you'll have the advantage since you're the only seller

*cough* hearts panama *cough*

Some guy hoarded alot of them until it was really rare awhile back and now it sells higher than burning (y)

I can see it being effective with the retired hats as otherwise there's always a chance more will pop into existence.

For me, the closest thing I've ever done to something like that was in Neopets when I was solely responsible for inflating a worthless advent calendar prize's value from 1np to 1,000 np. I think by the time I had lost interest I owned around 4,000 of them.

I think I'd have to agree with this in general. While there's not much chance of more showing up (why bucket's monopoly worked :P), if you plan to manipulate the market as a long term investment, choosing something with a limited supply could be helpful. Overall, it's still a risky choice, however, since demand may never outstrip what you paid, even if you hold onto them for a long time.

I think I'd have to agree with this in general. While there's not much chance of more showing up (why bucket's monopoly worked :P), if you plan to manipulate the market as a long term investment, choosing something with a limited supply could be helpful. Overall, it's still a risky choice, however, since demand may never outstrip what you paid, even if you hold onto them for a long time.

i still believe the tc is only as hyped up as it is because of mattie---so, hoarding/collecting can definitely work. 

i still believe the tc is only as hyped up as it is because of mattie---so, hoarding/collecting can definitely work. 

Except A: mattie overpays for everything, and B: the TC is also partially overhyped because its a street fighter reference

Except A: mattie overpays for everything, and B: the TC is also partially overhyped because its a street fighter reference

Slug is a Futurama reference

Bonk Boy is the Flash.

Dragonborn is skyrim. 

Degroot is jimmy hendrix. 

Company man is deus ex 

So, clearly something else going on. And the tc is hyped up because mattie started collecting it....i should've waited a few months he would've been able to get his collection for much less. 

Slug is a Futurama reference

Bonk Boy is the Flash.

Dragonborn is skyrim. 

Degroot is jimmy hendrix. 

Company man is deus ex 

So, clearly something else going on. And the tc is hyped up because mattie started collecting it....i should've waited a few months he would've been able to get his collection for much less. 

The bonk boy doesn't look like the Flash; Flash has a full hood. The BB might be a reference to Kid Flash, but all his recent versions have goggles. Either way, none of those things have as much pop cultural presence as SF. You can certainly argue the relative popularity, but SF is an old guard of video game culture, so it would make sense for that to boost the popularity of the hat, if only slightly.

And mattie doesn't care about making profit or getting things for a fair price; as I already pointed out, they have overpaid for every part of their collection ;P

The bonk boy doesn't look like the Flash; Flash has a full hood. The BB might be a reference to Kid Flash, but all his recent versions have goggles. Either way, none of those things have as much pop cultural presence as SF. You can certainly argue the relative popularity, but SF is an old guard of video game culture, so it would make sense for that to boost the popularity of the hat, if only slightly.

And mattie doesn't care about making profit or getting things for a fair price; as I already pointed out, they have overpaid for every part of their collection ;P

Trivia
  • This hat was designed to resemble the DC superhero, The Flash, who, like the Scout, is famous for his speed.
  • This hat is a spiritual successor to the Bonk'n'Flash, a hat whose materials were added to the game but was removed over concerns of copyright infringement.

Trivia

• This hat was designed to resemble the DC superhero, The Flash, who, like the Scout, is famous for his speed.
  • This hat is a spiritual successor to the Bonk'n'Flash, a hat whose materials were added to the game but was removed over concerns of copyright infringement.

I stand by my previous statements

Damn you Mattie, you've driven me mad!

Stop your off-topic shit-posting.

I'll leave for obvious reasons. And never come back. Then everyone will be happy. Bye.

Archived