Can someone give me a quick rundown about state of unusual trading?

MordoBoss

Well i've stopped trading a year ago. Like most of you guys i traded unusuals. I stopped buying cuz demand was low and i couldnt sell. till then i was just selling my stash and cashing out a part of it but i've noticed how sales are much better since start of the year. Should i start trading again i've got enough time. Is tf2 again a good place to make some money or i should move to csgo and other games? Are discounts still 30% for ok unusuals? Is unusual market any more liquid then a year ago if not recommend me other game to trade

csgo update means a lot of money being infused into tf2 market so it's probably a good time to get back into it taunts crashed to near worthless after jungle update and scream fortress they're not as toxic as they were then but I'd still recommend staying far away from them and yeah 30% is still good

High tiers are mostly dropping in price.

Low tiers are dominated by bots.

Mid tiers mostly too.

Unusual taunts are shit with 0 demand.

Unusual weapons are mostly hard to sell too.

Also you can already see many unusual hats below 8 keys.

Basically stick only to hats. They're still good to go.

5 hours ago, Piterek said:

Mid tiers mostly too.

tbh i think there is a lot of potential profit to be made at banking unusual taunts if you just buy them for cheap enough 

run while you still can, while you still have no money in it. Don't do it bro. I'm trying to save your life.

7 hours ago, Phink said:

tbh i think there is a lot of potential profit to be made at banking unusual taunts if you just buy them for cheap enough 

It was extraordinarily profitable early on. If you had hundreds of dollars to burn, you made thousands in profit with little effort. However, market has caught up and it is now just a pathetic grind.

11 hours ago, Horsestepping said:

Get yourself limited-quality unusuals and sit on them for a year. It's free real estate.

Are you beating inflation though?

2 hours ago, ksolis01 said:

It was extraordinarily profitable early on. If you had hundreds of dollars to burn, you made thousands in profit with little effort. However, market has caught up and it is now just a pathetic grind.

i'd say its still better than fighting bots for the refs they make wit hthe ~8 key unusual hats 

Hats are still good as usual.

- Taunts have totally crashed in price. Jungle Inferno and Scream Fortress flooded 1000's of these taunts into the market with 0 demand for buying. So it went into free fall where it was a battle for who could undercut the most and get off their hands the fastest. Unusual taunts are cancer, and it's impossible to make any profit with them. I have not seen a single taunt sell for more than 25-30 keys in recent time. Most are 10 keys or LESS.

- Unusual weapons/war paints are shaky, there are just too many factors into what makes a good unusual weapon/war paint. What grade, class, specific skin, condition, effect, and possibly pattern depending on the skin. It's a relatively new and volatile  market that can either go big or go bust, if you are a risk taker you could look into that.

On 5/1/2018 at 5:26 PM, Piterek said:

Mid tiers mostly too.

Rare high tiers only going up in price, if u meant the 1st gen ones that can be unboxed in the multi class crates then yeah. 

Archived