Top Inventories Rankings

Aditya

Erm is it just me or has the top inventories system recently modified to showing up based on community prices rather than backpack.tf prices?

Also is there a way to change that?

Looking at the top few backpacks, there's no way that the rankings are based off of SCM value when #4 is only around 750 bucks SCM value.

Not sure if it's exactly the reason he thinks, but Aditya is correct. Most of the top 100 aren't ranked anymore. For me, I still have my ranking on my profile page, but not on the actual rankings board.

i just looked at it again, idfk whats going on, everything looks wrong and some notable people are missing 

they refreshed the rankings, I think you would be re-added when you next log into backpack.tf from what ive heard

Not modified.

Something's been broken for a number of days.  Rankings on your profile (at least in my case) have not updated, and most of the people on the top inventories list have been removed. 

*The list is still populated, just by people with much lower values than should be there.

I noticed because my ranking always fluctuates daily (as I'm sure everyone's does), and I've been trying to see how close to #350 I could keep it, and it's been stuck at #351 for several days now.

However, if you look at the top inventories list and the values there, if those were actually the top inventories, I'd actually slot in at #10 overall.  That's a funny joke. 

Based on those numbers, I'd say that roughly <5% of backpacks that should be there, are actually still on the top inventories list.  The other >95% have been quietly purged. 

I told you guys not to make the admins angry

This is mainly happening because the inventory list is all of a sudden calculating based on the SCM Value of a backpack...

So In this method of calculation , if youre backpack had a Burning KE and a Burning TC...your steam inventory value would be Lowest SCM KE + Lowest SCM TC..hence the discrepencies.

12 hours ago, Aditya said:

This is mainly happening because the inventory list is all of a sudden calculating based on the SCM Value of a backpack...

So In this method of calculation , if youre backpack had a Burning KE and a Burning TC...your steam inventory value would be Lowest SCM KE + Lowest SCM TC..hence the discrepencies.

No, this isn't it at all.

Look at my inventory's SCM value (~$3900), and then look at the top inventories list and see where the inventories are around ~$3900. (It's in the top 25, so you won't have to look far.)  I'm not there, so the rankings can't be based on SCM value.

Lots of people (>95% of the people that should be there) are simply not on the list.

Archived