TF2 Trading staying strong?

Dibz

16 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider completely converting from TF2 to CS:GO trading

• Yes
    • No

You guys think TF2 trading will stay strong until this year christmas ?? :P I wanna know so i can save up and cash out then XD get some chrisstmas pressies this year hurhur..

To add to that, how many years do you think tf2 trading will stay strong for ?

Edit: An example could be Converting from TF2 to CS:GO.

Well

So far as by Christmas, yes. 

For the future, that's kind of up to Gaben and Valve's business plan. It depends on how many customers they are able to draw and their retention percentages. Remember, since TF2 isn't sold anymore, everyone has to come in F2P now. We all hate them, but they're the future, like children. If Valve is able to maintain current growth, then I'd say 3 to 5 years at least. If their F2P plan begins to lose solvency, then 18 months. 

So really, it all depends. 

Well

For the future, that's kind of up to Gaben and Valve's business plan. It depends on how many customers they are able to draw and their retention percentages. Remember, since TF2 isn't sold anymore, everyone has to come in F2P now. We all hate them, but they're the future, like children. If Valve is able to maintain current growth, then I'd say 3 to 5 years at least. If their F2P plan begins to lose solvency, then 18 months. 

yes.

Well

Untill there is a replacement

People will keep putting money and time into this game. 

Its fun and has lots of replay value. 

YUS, that means i get christmas presents this year!! lol... -_-

Well, TF2 trading has been strong since the beginning. Perhaps even growing stronger lately. And TF3 ain't coming out anytime soon, so it will definitely be good until this christmas.

As long as they keep making updates for bigger traders (The ones that include new crates + unusual effects) then a large amount of money will be put towards buying keys. And in turn, a lot of kids will purchase the new items from the store. All in all, the state of TF2 should be quite stable. The in game economy however is yet to be determined

It's going well, however the market had a ridiculous dip during summer of last year and every website's traffic plummeted. Things picked up again though.

Well, TF2 trading has been strong since the beginning. Perhaps even growing stronger lately. And TF3 ain't coming out anytime soon, so it will definitely be good until this christmas.

As long as they keep making updates for bigger traders (The ones that include new crates + unusual effects) then a large amount of money will be put towards buying keys. And in turn, a lot of kids will purchase the new items from the store. All in all, the state of TF2 should be quite stable. The in game economy however is yet to be determined

It's going well, however the market had a ridiculous dip during summer of last year and every website's traffic plummeted. Things picked up again though.

So you guys don't think alot of out TF2 traders would have converted to CS:GO completely? or something like that..

So you guys don't think alot of out TF2 traders would have converted to CS:GO completely? or something like that..

Why would we think that? FPS games are quite tribal. You don't get much cross playing from games like TF2, Cod, Battlefield, CS etc.

edit: exception being they're tired of one game and jump to another, but that's rare.

Why would we think that? FPS games are quite tribal. You don't get much cross playing from games like TF2, Cod, Battlefield, CS etc.

Actually ive been seeing more and more traders hop over to cs:go for some quick profit, an experienced trader inside a young market, somewhat unstable and no foundation (no prices, no central trading website...etc) it's quite easy to make profit not to mention there isnt much competition atm.

Eg: You can buy a factory new blue ak from the market for around 2.30usd yet you can sell it for around 2-3 tf2 keys or you can buy a cheap skin and resell it for 3-4times it's price ion the market. I recently bought a skin of the market for 3ish dollars and i resold it within a day for around 10.

However with this being said cs:go is a very limited market you can only really add weapon skins really nothing else, not to mention nothing can be at all flashy in the game as cs:go is more centralised around it's competitive scene, anything even remotely flashy instantly places you and a massive disadvantage.

Actually ive been seeing more and more traders hop over to cs:go for some quick profit, an experienced trader inside a young market, somewhat unstable and no foundation (no prices, no central trading website...etc) it's quite easy to make profit not to mention there isnt much competition atm.

Eg: You can buy a factory new blue ak from the market for around 2.30usd yet you can sell it for around 2-3 tf2 keys or you can buy a cheap skin and resell it for 3-4times it's price ion the market. I recently bought a skin of the market for 3ish dollars and i resold it within a day for around 10.

However with this being said cs:go is a very limited market you can only really add weapon skins really nothing else, not to mention nothing can be at all flashy in the game as cs:go is more centralised around it's competitive scene, anything even remotely flashy instantly places you and a massive disadvantage.

Then CS:GO adds hats XD Then unusuals hhehehe

Frankly I doubt and new Team Fortress game will come out for a while.

Valve has no reason to make a new game because they are making plenty of money off Team Fortress 2. If TF2 was dead and nobody played it often then they would develop a new TF game. Valve also knows making a new Game would hurt them because unless they allowed you to take your items over to TF3 there would be massive lashback from the playerbase. So don't worry. TF2 is strong and as long as it stays strong the game will here to stay.

Oh god, that drop..... One day I was selling hats for buyouts and above in minutes, then everything slowed.

Frankly I doubt and new Team Fortress game will come out for a while.

Valve has no reason to make a new game because they are making plenty of money off Team Fortress 2. If TF2 was dead and nobody played it often then they would develop a new TF game. Valve also knows making a new Game would hurt them because unless they allowed you to take your items over to TF3 there would be massive lashback from the playerbase. So don't worry. TF2 is strong and as long as it stays strong the game will here to stay.

TF2 might be ported to Source 2 (if that ever happens). I'd assume it would only be a port however. It might even make their player base stronger.

Archived