Questions for bot.tf owners

Novian

Since bots seem to be in stock right now I was considering buying one, first I have a question though:

How much "work" do you put into bot.tf to make your $9.99 back, because I dont want to work 8 hours a day updating prices just to break even.

I suggest you get a plan and research what you want to do with your bot before you buy it. Also it help to have a shit ton of keys & metal.

Took some time to set my bot up but can’t say I spend that much time on it nowadays..

26 minutes ago, Novian said:

Since bots seem to be in stock right now I was considering buying one, first I have a question though:

How much "work" do you put into bot.tf to make your $9.99 back, because I dont want to work 8 hours a day updating prices just to break even.

I put about 6 hrs a week into pricing. Also I wouldn't buy one unless you have 100+ pure to give it

Depends on how much you can invest. I generally spent ~7 hours a week updating prices and made back the $9.99 in just a few hours(invested 3000 keys)  However, I can guess that keeping competitive with cheaper items is way more time consuming.

In all honesty, I wouldn't suggest you buying one unless you are into unusual banking(or if you're very passionate) Trust me, if you are only here for the money you'll find yourself extremely bored profiting a scrap on each trade.

What happen if the programmer made a big mistake on the bots and you lose all your items?

And what happen if the programmer scam everyone?

24 minutes ago, human__ said:

What happen if the programmer made a big mistake on the bots and you lose all your items?

That's a risk you have to take as well, absolutely.

25 minutes ago, human__ said:

Fair point but the owners make alot of money by not scamming

6 hours ago, Novian said:

Saw some guy with only a $100 backpack make the $10 back in a day. Doesn't seem to hard. I don't use one cause I don't sell anything but unusuals but it's pretty good to make profit.

If you have the time, like sprekt/torb said, 6-7 hours a week, so like an hour a day into pricing, if you have that, why not.

On 4/24/2018 at 4:06 PM, Torb | Elite Spell Trader™ said:

Fair point but the owners make alot of money by not scamming

There are currently 164 bots running on bot.tf. This means the owner is making $1640/month from the fees (assuming all 164 are paying users.) I'm guessing off bots I've seen from folks like SugarFreeCookies (this is speculation, I don't have data for this) that the total bp value in unusual bots alone on the bot.tf network is far more than $200,000. Although it would be short-sighted and stupid to do, an exit scam certainly isn't out of the question.

1 hour ago, ^v^ said:

There are currently 164 bots running on bot.tf. This means the owner is making $1640/month from the fees (assuming all 164 are paying users.) I'm guessing off bots I've seen from folks like SugarFreeCookies (this is speculation, I don't have data for this) that the total bp value in unusual bots alone on the bot.tf network is far more than $200,000. Although it would be short-sighted and stupid to do, an exit scam certainly isn't out of the question.

Remember, Danny has to pay for good servers for all these bots as well as backpack slots, and he also makes extra revenue from the new autopricing feature as well as the bot.tf stats

55 minutes ago, unstopaBULLY said:

Remember, Danny has to pay for good servers for all these bots as well as backpack slots, and he also makes extra revenue from the new autopricing feature as well as the bot.tf stats

Also, remember axle change scamming? All his accounts got trade banned. Now imagine Danny trying to cash out 200k+ before something happens

Hmm sad to see people think I'll ever pull a scam like that. However, I can understand where it's coming from. I don't think there's a good way for me to prove to you that I will never do it, but hopefully my word is worth something. I've been running Bot.tf for over 2 years now without any issues and intend to for much longer :csdsmile:

Much love,

Danny

I have some points to share. First, don't count on simple Item Banking. There are bots out there with autoprice scripts that will undercut you by 1 scrap every minute or two.

Second, the first month was 7 keys which is more like $13 (while the bots were available).

Finally,  the hypothetical "exit scam" could be something to discuss with high tier traders and imho not with $100 BP user who started this thread.

18 hours ago, MasterMinder said:

Hmm sad to see people think I'll ever pull a scam like that. However, I can understand where it's coming from. I don't think there's a good way for me to prove to you that I will never do it, but hopefully my word is worth something. I've been running Bot.tf for over 2 years now without any issues and intend to for much longer :csdsmile:

Much love,

Danny

Wow, the masterminder

Its so weird going to bots profiles and seeing that they are run by you even if they dont have bot.tf in the name

Is it really hard to code trading bots? Or do you allow something that you couldn't get easily by coding it yourself? Just curious because I don't see any non-bot.tf bots, at least on unusuals.

Archived