How to sell killstreak kits?

Novian

I have a bunch of prof/spec killstreak kits im trying to sell for the best price so QS or scrap.tf is not an option.

Trying to sell them on outpost or bp.tf has yielded no results unless you lower the price absurdly.

When you try to sell them on marketplace.tf theres always the guy selling his for 1 cent lower than yours.

Steam community market takes a huge cut and I cant cash out to paypal that way.

So how the heck do you mvm players around here sell your kits?

27 minutes ago, Novian said:

They take a huge cut though

The cut isn't huge and if you are being smart about what kits you are selling (cough cough team shine), you can sell them at a premium over the average market price and much quicker than you ever can through bp tf and outpost. Plus, the time wasted in trying to sell kits through trading is far more costly than the cut the steam market takes. 

Don't think about this in just cuts and prices, also think about opportunity cost. I can sell three kits on the steam market in the same time it would take me to sell one through trading in half the time. Not only am I making more flips,  I am taking much less time which can be used for other stuff which is where opportunity cost. What else could you be doing in that time instead of buying and selling one kit, that would be selling 6 kits through the steam market. 

In regards to cashing out, invest in items that have good resell value on marketplace. That one week time you have to wait for tradability doesn't matter as long as you have free capital (keys) you can be using for other trades. 

Credentials: Have sold 100s of specialized and professional kits while making thousands of dollars in the process that I've cashed out through marketplace. I primarily rely on the steam market while using automated sites like scrap tf for the robot parts to make these kits.

39 minutes ago, ksolis01 said:

The cut isn't huge and if you are being smart about what kits you are selling (cough cough team shine), you can sell them at a premium over the average market price and much quicker than you ever can through bp tf and outpost. Plus, the time wasted in trying to sell kits through trading is far more costly than the cut the steam market takes. 

Don't think about this in just cuts and prices, also think about opportunity cost. I can sell three kits on the steam market in the same time it would take me to sell one through trading in half the time. Not only am I making more flips,  I am taking much less time which can be used for other stuff which is where opportunity cost. What else could you be doing in that time instead of buying and selling one kit, that would be selling 6 kits through the steam market. 

In regards to cashing out, invest in items that have good resell value on marketplace. That one week time you have to wait for tradability doesn't matter as long as you have free capital (keys) you can be using for other trades. 

Credentials: Have sold 100s of specialized and professional kits while making thousands of dollars in the process that I've cashed out through marketplace. I primarily rely on the steam market while using automated sites like scrap tf for the robot parts to make these kits.

Did I get this right: sell kits on the community market buy keys and cash out in a week?

42 minutes ago, Novian said:

Did I get this right: sell kits on the community market buy keys and cash out in a week?

Pretty much tldr, my actual post just has the reasoning on why its better.

• 1 year later...

Archived