How to find key prices for SCM items?

Semis

Trying to find the key price for an item that is prominent on the SCM. I'm having trouble finding what price of key I should use?

Do I use the in-game Mann Co. price (£1.79) or the the lowest I can find, for example Marketplace.tf (£1.33)?

1 hour ago, Semis said:

Trying to find the key price for an item that is prominent on the SCM. I'm having trouble finding what price of key I should use?

Do I use the in-game Mann Co. price (£1.79) or the the lowest I can find, for example Marketplace.tf (£1.33)?

To roughly get an estimate on value of a key on the steam community market, what I usually do when pricing items bought on there for key value, like what you're trying to do, I tend to look back up to maybe a week to 2 weeks on prices of keys. Let's say 2 weeks ago keys were selling for USD $2.40 and this week they are selling for USD $2.53. In the middle would seem to be the average between the two week sales of the keys in value. So you have your unusual, lets say its normal price is 27 keys in value, and thats roughly USD $67.23 if keys are going towards the mann. co store (USD $2.49). It's value can also be looked at by how much keys are on the market. Let's say the market for 1 week of sales for keys is USD $2.40 and the hat is still 27 keys. Esentally, the sale would be BETTER to buy at USD $2.40 cause you'd be getting more value out of the hat then you normally would. But you would also need to consider how much the seller is selling it for, the actuall backpack.tf price, recent sellers of that hat and effect, etc. Hope this helps. <3

as has been said, use the SCM value for keys.  in my experience they're easy to pick up for 2.35 usd each when I leave a buy order up for a few days

Archived