Had a thought today about scammers...

killerpanda993

No this never happened to me in my trading career..yet. But here's the thing, what if someone scammed your friend and wanted to buy it back for him with your money I have a lot of instances going on in my head but this is the most basic one. Would you still be banned for trading with a scammer, or would it lead off due to it going to someone else? I was just curious looking at other people's inventories.

Why would you take money out of your wallet and hand it over to a scammer?  All that does is empower the scammer to do it again. :wub:

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Mrs TS said:

Why would you take money out of your wallet and hand it over to a scammer?  All that does is empower the scammer to do it again. :wub:

And you're asking to be scammed yourself, with charge backs

32 minutes ago, killerpanda993 said:

>what if someone scammed your friend and wanted to buy it back for him with your money

>Would you still be banned for trading with a scammer, or would it lead off due to it going to someone else? I was just curious looking at other people's inventories.

Why not just buy back the same item from a different person who isn't a scammer :P It doesn't have to be the exact item and I'm sure that your hypothetical friend wouldn't mind, considering you gave them free shit.

And yes, you'd be banned for trading with scammers, because you traded with a scammer.

Two of the most common scenarios this would fall on:

1. This item has multiples of it in existent. Buy one from someone who trade legitimately and don't empower the scammer. I can't call someone reasonable if they must have the same exact version as you are doing a favor for them by buying it for them

2. Item is rare enough, special circumstances, etc where a suitable replacement can't be found. This scenario is unlikely since this means that your friend is probably a rich collector who wouldn't be scammed in the first place. So back to the first scenario. 

Regardless of the circumstances, you would still be banned for trading with a scammer if someone finds outs, reports it, and it was obvious that the person whom you were buying from is a scammer. Ethically, just think about it. Successfully scamming people gives the scammer motivation to continue doing it and you giving them a quick flip on it just gives them more resources to keep doing it. Why would you morally go along with getting more people scammed? I can't live with that and hope you can't either.

1 hour ago, killerpanda993 said:

No this never happened to me in my trading career..yet. But here's the thing, what if someone scammed your friend and wanted to buy it back for him with your money I have a lot of instances going on in my head but this is the most basic one. Would you still be banned for trading with a scammer, or would it lead off due to it going to someone else? I was just curious looking at other people's inventories.

1 hour ago, Mrs TS said:

...All that does is empower the scammer to do it again. :wub:

This is, essentially, the US policy of not negotiating with terrorist. 

This is exactly how I thought this whole post would be about, but thanks. Cleared some things up.

Archived