5 minutes auto bumper

viviwork

There is a cap on bumping at only every 30 mins at most. It seems like his bots are deleting and remaking their buy/sell orders every few minutes, not actually bumping them. If you click on the last bumped area you can see when it was posted. Not sure if this is intentional behavior by the bot owner.

Edit: It is either a bot.tf problem, or the person that owns the bot is using a script to update their prices and it is broken.

Yeah I've noticed that before as well. It's pretty annoying. I raised the issue on discord and people said it's not against the rules

I am pretty sure it is because i pay Premium to get bump every 30 minutes. As a payer i am entitled to same treatment as any other. If it is legal to bump every 5 minutes then we should all receive premium with 5 minutes instead of 30 that way i do not get broke just paying fees and not receiving any profit.

doesn't bp.tf have a 30 min bumping rule?
My guess is its deleting the listing and relisting again in 5 mins. (that is kind of not breaking any rules) 

If he is relisting 400- 500 listings at once i am sure its intentional and pretty sure using a script . I am waiting for a moderator to respond to this . If it is within the rules i guess the only chance for others is to start using the scripts as well.

2 hours ago, viviwork said:

If he is relisting 400- 500 listings at once i am sure its intentional and pretty sure using a script . I am waiting for a moderator to respond to this . If it is within the rules i guess the only chance for others is to start using the scripts as well.

Thats a bot.tf bot. 
Must be some bug not sure.

Intentional or a bug, relisting every few minutes with a bot (or if you seriously have too much time to kill, manually) is circumventing a system in place to reduce spam bumping. I'm not sure who exactly is saying it's 'not against the rules', but it is pretty clear it's an exploit of what we have in place. If this is allowed, then what's the point of the 30 minute cooldown between bumps when we can just use a script per se to relist however much we want with no repercussion?

1 hour ago, « SɱokEy » said:

looks like he is using a browser script and it is allowed for now.

Are you a backpack.tf moderator? If you are and it is allowed i will start to use it as well.

2 hours ago, viviwork said:

Are you a backpack.tf moderator? If you are and it is allowed i will start to use it as well.

No, I am not a moderator 
The admins are aware of this and I guess they will make changes to the api if it becomes a problem. 

https://gyazo.com/fb869e5465cb5776acb34582ebffefd2

https://gyazo.com/79e732edd2e0e477054e0c43385b6d27

https://gyazo.com/d47799031a833c34b7a1bf259bccbcb2

https://gyazo.com/dc27dae23013d0bdcd0dfc093b3c8962

chat about the issue on bp.tf discord ^
All your answers are here. 

If it becomes :D  ofc it is not their problem . When their income will go down will become , not now when only mine is. Unbelievable .

@viviwork maybe google up that 5 min autobumper script and link it here for everyone. (if it's on the net - there's a possibilty, i guess, that this user wrote it themselves). Perhaps then action will be taken.

6 hours ago, Lo-Rez said:

@viviwork maybe google up that 5 min autobumper script and link it here for everyone. (if it's on the net - there's a possibilty, i guess, that this user wrote it themselves). Perhaps then action will be taken.

read the screenshots I linked, No action will be taken as he isnt breaking any rules. It will be fixed if its becoming a problem. 

Cool, an exploit the mods don't care about. Going to script this and abuse the hell out of this by making the code open source. I am sure the backpack tf servers can handle quite a couple doing this.

/s, too lazy to code something like this and it wouldn't actually matter for the items I am currently selling

Quoting Teeny from discord 

Teeny Tiny Cat-Today at 11:44

I will say if any of the bots doing it are bot.tf bots you can prob hold off a little cause masterminder is gonna block all bot.tf bots from doing it anyway.

Thank you for taking steps forward on this. I am sure many of us will help maintain a fair trade place out of backpack.tf as we use it and gain from it.

Archived