Spell Search

Joeg

People have probably had this idea before me, but with the rarity of spells nowadays it would be a massive help to be able to specifically search for them. Especially with 1 of 1 spelled items or rare spell combos; it would be particularly useful to be able to find the owners of these through the premium search. I am aware you can use tf2 tools to find whether or not the item exists, but there is currently no way to find them as far as I can see. This would essentially be the same as finding rare unusuals through the premium search. Not that I know how a spell search feature would be implemented, but if it were possible, it would make spell trading and collecting a lot more fun; especially if you get the chance to own something rare, or 1 of 1. My suggestion is that there is simply a part of the search filters that can single out specific spells or spell combos, that can be used in the classifieds search, or the premium search. Let me know what you think

Thanks

I would like to point towards unusual premium search and the issue of sharking.

People have, do, and will use the premium search for unusuals to find fresh unboxes and get "good deals" out of the people.

This isn't attacking anyone or the current system (at least I'm not intending to sound like that), but it cannot be denied that someone out there takes advantage of this.

I fear that spells may fall under the same trap. Search for a spell, find someone who has them and shark them.

I dont know if a Classifieds search is viable here either. Spells are traded usually amongst people who know their value, mostly higher-tier traders. So few of these spelled items exist compared to non-spelled versions it may not be worth the time for a specific search. I would like to see it put into the "General" tab, selecting if Spelled: Yes or No.

It's not really fair to bar things from the rest of the community based on the actions of a small portion. It's up to the buyer and the seller to happy with the trade, and the responsibility of the seller to know they're getting a fair deal

13 minutes ago, « SɱokEy » said:

how do yo see spells? is that some chrome extension?

ye my friend coded it for me

Archived