The experimental backpack.tf test server

fisk

• Administrators

https://backpack.tf:8443/ 

Above is a link to backpack.tf, except you will be accessing the site through different server software. Users in the Discord have tested this already and have reported faster inventory load times, on top of response speed improvements in general. Your mileage may vary.

We are testing the stability of this new stack; so far it looks quite promising. I believe it will perform much better once the old stack is removed; we are currently running the new software side-by-side on the same servers, thus they are competing for resources. Once I am confident this is stable enough to completely replace the old software, we will do so.

Known issues: stuff that redirects back to the site, such as Steam logins, will fail with a 502 Bad Gateway page. This is because of port shenanigans. Just reload the page and you'll be signed in.

If you are tech-savvy and are interested in the technology behind this, you can read more about it here.

Just from clicking around a bit and loading some inventories, it does seem significantly faster than the current version of the site. Thought I'd give you some feedback since this would be a welcome change if it continues to perform like this.

2 hours ago, fisk said:

ning the new software side-by-side on the same servers, thus they are competing for resources. Once I am confident this is stable enough to completely replace the old software, we will do so.

Quite a bit faster

• Administrators

A few changes have been made today to improve server stability and fix some bugs with routing. Please, continue testing.

• Administrators

More changes today, as we begin to add some performance tuning optimisations specific to the new server stack. This has had a beautiful impact on the loading times of inventories and other features throughout the site.

Provided the server remains stable, and we hear no more issues about it, we may take this out of testing on Monday.

Archived