Good microphone for streaming/gaming?

JayTuut

Currently have: Blue snowball

It is kinda meh hearing myself back, I feel like I'd do better maybe with a Blue Yeti to fix a lot of the problems which is what i was originally aiming for.

But I also am looking into getting a professional studio mic, cause even the cheap ones still sound pretty amazing (even the gold $22 one, like dafuq?), but obviously I'd go for a good one, I'd have to get an audio interface too though to use it with my PC

So my two questions are:

For a simple one that plugs in (usb) to my computer, do you agree with a blue yeti? Or something else?

For a professional studio mic and interface, what do you suggest? Maybe a Shure SM7B, as I've seen a fair few streamers/singers use it. Though that is a bit pricey (upon further inspection, its like $400 USD, so maybe not), thought maybe a AT2020 ($100 USD off amazon, possibly cheaper elsewhere) as many more streamers use (dr disrespect etc)

I would choose the AT, AT2020 USB+ is the one i am using and its amazing. Studio quality, maybe a tad too sensitive but its alright. 

12 hours ago, Zeklyn said:

I would choose the AT, AT2020 USB+ is the one i am using and its amazing. Studio quality, maybe a tad too sensitive but its alright. 

Looking like ~ 189 AUD here, not too bad, and dont need a studio interface for that

Saw someone with a barely used Blue Snowball PRO for only ~150 AUD shipped here (locally, on our version of craigslist i guess) which is pretty nice since they are normally ~300 

18 hours ago, ḎℰѦÐ! Boom said:

Eh

Bought a blue yeti pro for $160 + $15 shipping, pretty much brand new, love it.

/thread

Awesome. You've made a great decision.

Archived