• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Eazy Peazy Squeezy Lemons said:

Those don't exist?

yea they dont exist u can create an unusual stats page for any item 

8 hours ago, saveriocello said:

Example -
 https://backpack.tf/stats/Unusual/Professional Killstreak Festive Crusader's Crossbow/Tradable/Craftable/13
Burning Flames Professional Killstreak Festive Crusader's Crossbow
They dont exist. 

If a similar post occurs like that then Imma warn for spam. It doesn't relate to the actual thread. Leaving this one up for some context for others if they need it.

2 hours ago, Eazy Peazy Squeezy Lemons said:

If a similar post occurs like that then Imma warn for spam. It doesn't relate to the actual thread. Leaving this one up for some context for others if they need it.

it was meant to be April fools, just a day late

On 3/13/2018 at 8:49 AM, 3.50 said:

You can't make that claim based on the information available.  He may not actively scam with that account, but that means nothing--only an idiot would use an account with that much value to scam, and risk a trade ban.  However, he has made a suspiciously large number of trades with scammers, such that he's banned from outpost for being a suspected scammer alt. (OP bans simply for trading with scammers, so the fact that they skipped that and went specifically for the scammer alt angle says he did a lot of trading with scammers).  I'm fairly certain that only happens intentionally.  This guy is not worth defending.

Besides, he does exactly what you'd expect from an extremely successful scammer who wanted to have nice hats--you'd expect them to sell the items they scammed for currency, and then use the currency to buy the items they wanted, which they'd then consolidate into one "clean" account, which had acquired all its items via cash trades.  And anyone who was that successful at scamming would (you'd assume) have both the knowledge and resources to keep their scamming accounts completely separate from their "clean" accounts.  Hell, you could cash out <5% of his inventory and buy multiple separate computers just especially for scamming, if that tickled your fancy.

All of that isn't to say he definitely IS a scammer--I can't prove he is, any more than you can prove he isn't. (Nor am I trying to).

My best guess is that he isn't actually a scammer himself; he simply doesn't care where his hats come from, and has realized that scammers are able to provide the best deals, so he buys from them.  I don't respect that attitude very much.

He's definitely dirty, though--whether he steals items himself, or simply buys them from the people who did steal them, is the only fact in question.  And the fact that all those hats are stuck in dirty hands does kind of get under my skin a little.

Late response but dcg is not a scammer. Please at the very least know him to a certain degree before making false and extremely rude accusations. Watch his YouTube and you will understand lmao. Dcg and fats are both extremely rich guys who basically spend their money buying any hat their interest in. Not only does he buy almost all of his items JUST from scm making scam impossible, he isn’t malicious are smart enough to pull such a thing. If you watch their YouTube channel, which I happen to like due to the amount of ridiculously beautiful unusuals they showcase, you would understand. They are major collectors and by doing essentially zero trading as his profile is private except from scm, I’m sure he’s bought countless unusuals, some unknowingly from scammers. If your going to accuse someone of scamming, show us solid proof, I understand why you may be suspicious of him, but simply slandering dcg is not okay. Also adding  my response as I reread what you wrote, dcg doesn’t hit deliberately buy from scammers as he doesn’t use bp.tf often and most importantly is not that kind of guy. Just completely honestly, dcg is (for his age) a ridiculously uneducated man, and obviously not very bright at all. He cannot pronounce most words elementary students can, and therefore he has become a prime target for scammers and other traders to sel their unusuals in scm for a ridiculous price as dcg has bought for crazy prices in the past. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/5/2018 at 12:49 PM, R3SP4WN said:

Late response but dcg is not a scammer. Please at the very least know him to a certain degree before making false and extremely rude accusations.

Another very late response, but I just want to clear up that I never accused anyone of anything.  I merely pointed out some well-known facts that some people apparently didn't like being reminded of.

Outpost banned him for being a suspected scammer alt.  That's a fact.  Their track record says they wouldn't do that for nothing--he's made some shady purchases for sure.

Now, I've stated multiple times that I considered it more likely that he wasn't a scammer himself, but simply didn't know/didn't care where his hats came from.  I consider that being irresponsible with his resources.  I feel that people have a responsibility to use their resources...well, responsibly.  If he buys from scammers, he's enabling theft, and perhaps even accepting stolen goods, though buying from the SCM puts Steam in the middle and complicates the issue.  Being too uneducated to know better isn't a complete excuse in my eyes, though that could be debated (and I have no wish to debate it, I'll simply accept that others' views may differ from my own).

...long story short, the only point I was ever trying make in regards to him (possibly) being a scammer is that outpost banning him for being a suspected scammer alt carries (and should carry) more weight than random community members saying he's innocent when they know nothing for sure.  The community's opinion is worth less than nothing because the community knows nothing.  Outpost at least (I have to assume) did some digging and put together facts before coming to a conclusion.  (They also haven't shared what info they have, so they may know more than you or I know).  The average community member used neither facts nor logic in coming to their conclusion that, essentially, "he has a youtube channel and bought his hats from the SCM therefore he never did anything wrong".

Archived