forever lost unusuals

grandma's cookies

10 hours ago, 3.50 said:

Which proves something because scammers don't have paypal accounts, and if they did, they totally couldn't fund them with the profits from scamming...

Buying from scammers = working with scammers = barely different than scamming.  In the real world, that's called possession of stolen goods, although the virtual world is more of a Wild West.  Not sure I'd call that "legit".  He's also bought enough items from scammers to get banned from outpost, not for dealing with them, but because he actually looks like he IS the scammer.  He's far too well-connected with scammers to say he's clean or "legit".

Also, no one here actually knows whether he is a scammer or just doesn't care who he buys from.  It's not like he'd admit to scamming on other accounts if he did. 

uh he is rich af IRL you should check out his videos. He buys most unus from Steam market, If he did buy from scammers then he would have gotten banned on bp.tf which he did not YET, yeah can use alts but I doubt it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Diamond jozu said:

i believe fat stormtrooper is also the alt of DCG so he still has more than what we think

This guy I have no idea what he is.

50 minutes ago, « SɱokEy » said:

This guy I have no idea what he is.

well DCG has a youtube channel and he has several times mentioned about fat stormtrooper and i think he has used that account even if its 2 different people but those 2 different people live together,i think.just saying

You can quite clearly hear two different voices in many of the videos uploaded by the channel, and even further than that, you can see 2 different people, so suggesting that Fats is an alt of DCG is quite ridiculous. With a $200,000+ inventory scamming unusuals worth just a few hundred just seems very unlikely, however I will say that he should really take more care, when it comes to who he's buying from. Then again, he is not a trader, but a collector, and perhaps he isn't even aware of how to check.

19 hours ago, Diamond jozu said:

i believe fat stormtrooper is also the alt of DCG so he still has more than what we think

This is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life.

1 hour ago, Ninjah said:

With a $200,000+ inventory scamming unusuals worth just a few hundred just seems very unlikely

It seems you're thinking of scamming as small-scale, one or two items at a time.  Maybe think of the hijacking/phishing for login details that used to be rampant, and you'll start to see how it isn't unlikely based on scale.  Think inventories, at a time, not one or two items.  Take my backpack, for example.  I'm nobody special as far as traders go.  If I took down my SCM listings and emptied my alt, I'd be around $10k.  Someone would only have to empty ~20 backpacks the size of mine to get an inventory the size of his.  ("size" meaning value, of course)  And tons of people got phished.  Think of an army of alt accounts who add every person who makes a listing on OP or backpack.tf and sends them a phishing link (it used to work like that; as soon as you listed/bumped a trade, you'd get 1 or more invites from a phishing account).  Not saying HE did that--I'm just saying that it was very possible to make scamming extremely large in scale, and if a person ran all those phishing accounts and then consolidated their items, I'd be shocked if it wasn't as large as DCG's inventory. 

So no--the scale of his inventory in no way means he didn't scam.

8 minutes ago, 3.50 said:

Maybe think of the hijacking/phishing for login details

"Besides, he does exactly what you'd expect from an extremely successful scammer who wanted to have nice hats--you'd expect them to sell the items they scammed for currency, and then use the currency to buy the items they wanted, which they'd then consolidate into one "clean" account"

He is literally a rich collector. Nothing more to it. I haven't seen any cases of expensive backpacks being hacked and a large portion of the items, ending up in DCG's account. As far as I can see you're just playing entirely off of the theoretical, and yeah well Bobsplosion could be phishing accounts and selling stuff off and buying nice stuff. Just because something is possible doesn't make it probable. 

You are making 0 sense to me, with your logic that says that having all your nice items in one account is exactly what a scammer would do so that makes him more likely to be a scammer. As far as I can tell, all the "instances" of him actually scamming/phishing people on this thread are purely theoretical, and whilst, yes he did get a ban on OP for trading with scammer alts, I find it much more likely that he was simply unaware of the fact it was a scammer alt. I recently had a friend who bought a 16 key hat from a scammer's alt, and did all the basic checks I told him and still received a 3d Ban on BP.tf. Unknowingly trading with a scammer's alt happens, and that doesn't make people scammers.

It all seems a bit too far fetched for me.

19 minutes ago, 3.50 said:

It seems you're thinking of scamming as small-scale, one or two items at a time.  Maybe think of the hijacking/phishing for login details that used to be rampant, and you'll start to see how it isn't unlikely based on scale.  Think inventories, at a time, not one or two items.  Take my backpack, for example.  I'm nobody special as far as traders go.  If I took down my SCM listings and emptied my alt, I'd be around $10k.  Someone would only have to empty ~20 backpacks the size of mine to get an inventory the size of his.  ("size" meaning value, of course)  And tons of people got phished.  Think of an army of alt accounts who add every person who makes a listing on OP or backpack.tf and sends them a phishing link (it used to work like that; as soon as you listed/bumped a trade, you'd get 1 or more invites from a phishing account).  Not saying HE did that--I'm just saying that it was very possible to make scamming extremely large in scale, and if a person ran all those phishing accounts and then consolidated their items, I'd be shocked if it wasn't as large as DCG's inventory. 

So no--the scale of his inventory in no way means he didn't scam.

What you're saying is so idiotic.

32 minutes ago, Ninjah said:

You are making 0 sense to me, with your logic that says that having all your nice items in one account is exactly what a scammer would do so that makes him more likely to be a scammer.

That's because your reading comprehension is low.  Go back and read it again.  I never said he was a scammer, or that having all of his items in one account makes him more likely (or likely at all) to be a scammer.  In fact, in an earlier post I actually said that the most likely scenario is that "...he isn't actually a scammer himself; he simply doesn't care where his hats come from, and has realized that scammers are able to provide the best deals, so he buys from them."

All I'm saying is that nothing that he has done would be illogical for a scammer to do, so you can't tell by those things if he's a scammer or not.  And the reason I said that is because people seem to think that buying things with irl money, or having a high-value account, automatically means you're legit.  It doesn't mean anything one way or another, particularly when you're already linked to scammers, as his OP ban suggests he is.  Clear now?

24 minutes ago, moonlight. said:

What you're saying is so idiotic.

That's a fine counter-argument and clearly explains the flaws in my reasoning.

Go back to school and learn some logic and/or manners.

41 minutes ago, 3.50 said:

That's a fine counter-argument and clearly explains the flaws in my reasoning.

Go back to school and learn some logic and/or manners.

Your logic is; "hE haS lOTs Of MOneY InVEntOry hE is SCammER GuYS.

Just now, moonlight. said:

Your logic is; "hE haS lOTs Of MOneY InVEntOry hE is SCammER GuYS.

Umm...okey.  If you'd read what I wrote, I said that I don't think he's actually a scammer, and certainly don't think having lots of stuff means anything bad.

Whose troll alt are you, anyway?

Isn’t it illicit by Steam’s Subscriber Agreement to allow others to use your account?

You would literally have to hijack your family member’s or friend’s account to trade the items to another account or sell them on the Steam Community Market.

1 hour ago, Ninjah said:

He's not a troll alt, he just knows DCG and Fats a lot better than you

He just came in here to call people names, and claim they said things they never said.  He's either a troll or an idiot, take your pick.

1 hour ago, 3.50 said:

He just came in here to call people names, and claim they said things they never said.  He's either a troll or an idiot, take your pick.

ngl based on some of the shit you've been shilling, I don't think you have much ground to call people idiots

8 hours ago, Ninjah said:

ngl based on some of the shit you've been shilling...

Like what?

All I've ever actually said is that

1) DCG has an OP ban for being a suspected scammer alt (his ban is a fact--if you think that the ban is incorrect or ridiculous or whatever, your argument is with Outpost, not me), and

2) Neither the size of his inventory nor his spending real money on hats is solid evidence against him being a scammer, nor would either one be illogical for a scammer to do.  As far as him being a scammer or not, neither one means anything.

I also stated on multiple occasions that I don't think he's actually a scammer.

If you've inferred anything beyond the above, then maybe you didn't take the time to read what I wrote.

Anyways, why are you so keen on defending him and attacking me, when I never actually accused him of anything? 

On 3/12/2018 at 12:33 PM, grandma's cookies said:

maybe send one or two to southeast asia as well, and large parts of eastern europe 

On 3/12/2018 at 11:55 AM, Alice? said:

I will donate my Unusuals to starving children in Africa when I die.

very ignorant to assume Africa is the only place with starving children haha, just wanted to point that out since you were so confused. 

3 hours ago, grandma's cookies said:

very ignorant to assume Africa is the only place with starving children haha, just wanted to point that out since you were so confused. 

I know. Africa would just be my country of choice to donate to if I died.

1 hour ago, « SɱokEy » said:

I'd say 600+

At least, I'm sure because it's 1of1 collectors would be all over it!

Archived