Backpack.tf March Madness 2018

A Delicious Cashew

4th annual Backpack.tf March Madness! The college basketball tournament is almost here! Show off your college basketball knowledge by competing in the Backpack.tf March Madness Group

http://games.espn.com/tournament-challenge-bracket/en/group?redirect=tcmen%3A%2F%2Fx-callback-url%2FshowGroup%3FgroupID%3D2230967&ex_cid=tcmen2018_email&groupID=2230967&groupp=YmFja3BhY2sudGY%3D&inviteuser=ezBENkJCNzI0LURCQTMtNDlGMS1BQkI3LTI0REJBMzc5RjE1RX0%3D&invitesource=email
Group: Backpack.tf 2018
Password: backpack.tf

Whoever wants to join a backpack.tf bracket group, go to the link above and press join group and enter the password. Make your name somewhat related to your forum profile so I know who you are.

If you don't know what March Madness is, join anyways. Just fill out your bracket randomly. Brackets can be filled out starting Sunday March 11th at ~5 pm pacific and must be filled out by March 15th at 9:00 AM Pacific

Since there are at least 15 people participating, prizes will be 8 keys for 1st, 3 keys for 2nd, and 1 key for 3rd.

Anyone got predictions so far? Should be an interesting tournament, there's no team that's clearly better than everyone else. I look forward to defending my win from last year :)

It’s the college basketball bracket, you fill out a team and get points depending on how well you guess the winners. I think I’ve only watched 1 game in my life.

Brackets are now out! I think you have until 9:15 am pacific time on Thursday, but best to fill it out before then

On 3/15/2018 at 12:47 PM, A Delicious Cashew said:

I see a lot of you trust Virginia this year

vR2mTiU.png

enjoy 1st place while it lasts :P

lmao rip

Realistically looking like only randy, carnage, k1ng, fish, and puddingkip have a shot at winning the group this year, unless the final 4 does not contain any of gonzaga, villanova, purdue, and kansas.

K1ng wins if gonzaga keeps winning

Carnage wins if Gonzaga loses in the sweet 16 and Villanova keeps winning

Fish wins if Gonzaga and Villanova both make the final 4 and Gonzaga/Kansas do not win it all.

Puddingkip wins if Kansas keeps winning. I can't believe this is a possibility :P

Randy wins if Purdue keeps winning. Purdue reaching the final 4 might be enough for randy if gonzaga doesn't make it and kansas does not win it all

Why do the trio tied for first have the exact same bracket?

Updated Scenarios:
If Kansas beats Villanova, Puddingkip wins. Swagman/CritError/ADHD are 2nd/3rd/4th

If Villanova loses in the championship, the trio win 1st

If Villanova wins it all, Carnage wins first, Fish wins 2nd, 42 wins 3rd

Last option is the craziest considering those three are 3 of the current bottom 4 (RIP shuffle spy) and to my knowledge, only Carnage knows stuff about college basketball.

Then again, it'd be weird seeing Puddingkip win. It'd also be crazy seeing the top 3 win even though their champion lost in the 1st round

2 hours ago, A Delicious Cashew said:

Last option is the craziest considering those three are 3 of the current bottom 4 (RIP shuffle spy) and to my knowledge, only Carnage knows stuff about college basketball.

Then again, it'd be weird seeing Puddingkip win. It'd also be crazy seeing the top 3 win even though their champion lost in the 1st round

I love and watch many different sports and take my fantasy football and baseball semi-seriously... but basketball I can't stand. Can't watch it or follow it, it is the most boring thing.

For this bracket I clicked random and never even checked it. Go Villa!

Thanks for joining and congrats to Carnage, Fish, and 42 for correctly predicting the champion and finishing in the top 3.

Hope you all had fun and participate again next year!

Final Standings:

standings.thumb.PNG.895dfed31bdff7b9151164bb1e5fb645.PNG

Archived