Can someone help me with a quick trade?

NobleCrescent32

Im inexperienced at trading and just got an offer where i would receive this- https://backpack.tf/classifieds?item=Taunt: The Fubar Fanfare&quality=5&tradable=1&craftable=1&australium=-1&particle=3013&killstreak_tier=0 in return i would give him this- https://backpack.tf/classifieds?item=Safe'n'Sound&quality=5&tradable=1&craftable=1&australium=-1&particle=33&killstreak_tier=0. Is this a good trade? Ive never done taunts before and have no idea how to price them

Not really.

With the unusualfiers that keep entering the market, unusual taunts are on a decline in price. Halloween ones aren't dropping as fast, but they are still dropping. So, while at first glance, it looks like it's double the value of your hat, it's not really selling at that price. It doesn't help the Fanfare that there's a Hellish Inferno one sitting on the SCM unsold for $30/12 keys. The safe and sound, while it's price is a bit outdated (Chopoff a couple keys off of the high end), it's still a rather stable, solid hat. A great way to tell is to look at the quick buyers. If you had to immediately dump the item, you'd only be getting about 6 keys for the Fanfare, but just under 13 for the Safe and Sound.

In any case, if you're inexperienced with trading, it's best to avoid taunts, unless you find one you really want for keeps. The Unusualfiers themselves are ok though, as there's enough demand for them (But be sure to look at recent sales on the SCM when trading with Unusualfiers).

16 minutes ago, Scott Bakula said:

Not really.

With the unusualfiers that keep entering the market, unusual taunts are on a decline in price. Halloween ones aren't dropping as fast, but they are still dropping. So, while at first glance, it looks like it's double the value of your hat, it's not really selling at that price. It doesn't help the Fanfare that there's a Hellish Inferno one sitting on the SCM unsold for $30/12 keys. The safe and sound, while it's price is a bit outdated (Chopoff a couple keys off of the high end), it's still a rather stable, solid hat. A great way to tell is to look at the quick buyers. If you had to immediately dump the item, you'd only be getting about 6 keys for the Fanfare, but just under 13 for the Safe and Sound.

In any case, if you're inexperienced with trading, it's best to avoid taunts, unless you find one you really want for keeps. The Unusualfiers themselves are ok though, as there's enough demand for them (But be sure to look at recent sales on the SCM when trading with Unusualfiers).

Thanks for your help. Whenever i see any unusual item theres always really low buy orders so i didnt know if that would be a bug factor in reselling. Ive politely declined his offer. Thanks again :)

• NobleCrescent32 locked this topic

Archived