Ref Value going up

Wealthy

I saw the ref value going up and I was wondering why I know it's because valve made it harder for bots to idle or something but does anybody have links to yt vids or balance announcements about this I wanna learn more :)

The change in ref price is mainly a reaction to geel's post about Valve's response to the farming bots, not the actual action by Valve. Valve's actions just temporarily will slow down the growth of refined, it didn't take any ref out of the economy (any ref in the farming bots that got locked was not part of the economy yet). So yeah, the whole thing with keys value in refined, and with that refined's monetary value is more or less a self fulfilling prophecy. They'll go back to what they were before when people realize Valve's actions really didn't do much, especially in the short term, lol.

I'd probably be easiest to simply read one of the other half dozen topics about this on the boards, but in a nutshell:

Valve nuked some idling metal farms, some idiots panicked and sold their keys for dirt cheap as they didn't understand how key values worked and/or greatly overestimated this action's effect on the economy. Keys dropped a bit, but said idiots ran out of keys to sell, so now they are bouncing back up to what they were before. What the farm-nuking actually means for the economy is that the devaluation of refined has been slowed, and as such, keys won't be jumping in price in refined as fast.

Archived