Getting back into trading.

ticklemitt

I've decided recently to get back into the trading scene in TF2. I haven't traded ever since November of 2017 and don't have anything that significant to start trading with nor do I have the extra money to spend on keys. What are some tips to start trading at a lower tier value.

2 hours ago, ticklemitt said:

What are some tips to start trading at a lower tier value.

Don't.

Low-tier trading is not really viable in today's trading scene as there is just way too much competition from automated services. Additionally, the amount of profits you'd make are so pitiful to be not worth it in the slightest (you'd be making more money and at a faster rate by looking for dropped change on the sidewalk). Realistically, the bast way to start with trading is to buy keys (8-10 minimum, 12-16 recommended, 18-20 optimal) and start with low-tier unusuals and australiums.

Think about it. A basic flip on a mid-tier strange would give about a reclaimed in profit, whereas flipping a crap unusual will get about a key profit. This means that you'd need to make almost 100 trades of the first item to match a single trade of the second. And that's not even factoring in the loss of time it will take to do those trades.

I am in a similar situation, except I bought an unusual from the SCM yesterday, so I can start off with something. When I sell the unu, and some two other items, I will have around 11 keys.

lmao

Edit:

Stop confusing people. I can't get anything from buy orders because of bots. Trading is not same as used to be.

Archived