To the mods: How did you guys become mods?

jacustjack

I know a lot of it is done via application nowadays, but how did you guys become mods, even if it is by application?

I'm not curious because I want to become a mod, I'm curious because I wonder how all the people currently running this great site got here.

An application. And I assume majority of yes votes from the current staff.

Things they probably look for is

Reputable. Trustworthy. Polite. 

Contributes a lot to the site via helpful comments, suggestions, and voting. Shows unbiased judgment and will be able to properly decide on suggestions. 

Will have the time to put into suggestions. 

I'm fairly sure Bucket and michael were just added. No application. Clever was the first hired by app, and so were Woifi and BpB. Don't know about the others, maybe on old forums?

iirc, Bucket, Puddington, J-J-Jon, Chief, Vincent (and shen?) were hired by Brad without any application.

Then cleverpun, Woifi, and bpb via application.

I thought cleverpun bought his way into moderator?

lol buying what? Endless hate for being a good mod, sounds like a good deal to me

lol buying what? Endless hate for being a good mod, sounds like a good deal to me

lel people actually believe cleverpun bought his way to become a mod.

In order (I hope)

Brad: made the site

Puddinton: didn't apply, he just made probably more than half the suggestions

Me: didn't apply, and like puddiungton, made quantity>quality suggestions

Vincent: puddington told brad to add him, he made ridiculously long, but good comments

Chief: I told brad to add him, he made a lot of what was considered good suggestions at the time.

Everyone after this applied

Cleverpun: did a bit here, there and everywhere.Comments, suggestions, etc

J-jon: the best unusual suggestor at the time. I think he put out like 10 daily

Sountrack: he put up a ton of suggestions, with proof that would probably still be accepted today

Shen: made almost no suggestions, but the rare ones he made were good. Voted on almost every single suggesstion with great accuracy

Woifi- applied. Good with unusuals, he's basically shit at everything else. But yea he made a lot of high tier hat suggestions, with nice proof.

Polar bear- another member of the unusual suggestor hall of fame, he applied. Made a ton of unusual suggestions without sacrificing quality. Also appeared in comments often

J-j-jon came before cleverpun

im pretty sure he didnt

edit: 

January-27-14
1:34 PM - Mr. Bucket: who was mod first
1:34 PM - Mr. Bucket: you or cleverpun
1:34 PM - Sir J-j-jon [Warrior of Redwall]: c
1:34 PM - Mr. Bucket: uh
1:34 PM - Mr. Bucket: is that supposed to be like si
1:34 PM - Mr. Bucket: like in spanish
1:34 PM - Mr. Bucket: wait
1:34 PM - Mr. Bucket: that means yes
1:34 PM - Mr. Bucket: i think
1:34 PM - Mr. Bucket: wut
1:34 PM - Sir J-j-jon [Warrior of Redwall]: c = clever
1:34 PM - Mr. Bucket: oh
1:34 PM - Mr. Bucket: ok

toy's memory>bear's memory

I thought J-j-jon got accepted first and then cleverpun and Soundtrack got accepted around the same time like 1-2 weeks later.

This would be a lot easier if Brad hadn't deleted the old forums.

In order (I hope)

Brad: made the site

Puddinton: didn't apply, he just made probably more than half the suggestions

Me: didn't apply, and like puddiungton, made quantity>quality suggestions

Vincent: puddington told brad to add him, he made ridiculously long, but good comments

Chief: I told brad to add him, he made a lot of what was considered good suggestions at the time.

Everyone after this applied

Cleverpun: did a bit here, there and everywhere.Comments, suggestions, etc

J-jon: the best unusual suggestor at the time. I think he put out like 10 daily

Sountrack: he put up a ton of suggestions, with proof that would probably still be accepted today

Shen: made almost no suggestions, but the rare ones he made were good. Voted on almost every single suggesstion with great accuracy

Woifi- applied. Good with unusuals, he's basically shit at everything else. But yea he made a lot of high tier hat suggestions, with nice proof.

Polar bear- another member of the unusual suggestor hall of fame, he applied. Made a ton of unusual suggestions without sacrificing quality. Also appeared in comments often

so this is the reason why the unusual price list is shit

All good unus suggestors (except eraser) become mod, mods can't suggest, unus list goes to shit (partly due to valve releasing 200 new hats with 30 new effects)

All good unus suggestors (except eraser) become mod, mods can't suggest, unus list goes to shit (partly due to valve releasing 200 new hats with 30 new effects)

Ouch.....

you called awesome a bad suggestor 

last suggestion 5 months ago, was talking about still active ones. Awesome should be mod. I made topic about it like 8 months ago. Go great below digging

last suggestion 5 months ago, was talking about still active ones. Awesome should be mod. I made topic about it like 8 months ago. Go great below digging

Hehe, much better :D

I'd hate being a mod....looking through someone else' proof is just annoying, i'd end up gathering all the proof myself and then comparing what he got...

//forums are too messy to find anything sowwy :unsure:

Hehe, much better :D

I'd hate being a mod....looking through someone else' proof is just annoying, i'd end up gathering all the proof myself and then comparing what he got...

//forums are too messy to find anything sowwy :unsure:

At least I gave you a good Christmas gift (only fucking good tf2 investment I ever made, gave it away. gg me, gg)

At least I gave you a good Christmas gift (only fucking good tf2 investment I ever made, gave it away. gg me, gg)

Its okay, it was very fitting :D now if only it would be possible to transcribe the "Best Steam Conversations" into it  :lol:

Archived