Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AwesomeMcCoolName

User Trust Scores

unusualneymar

no offense intended neymar, but i would expect better language and temper management from a father like you. There are good and bad/hard to deal with traders in the community, as im sure you've seen by now. Just ignore the bad ones, and trade with the good ones...

i am particularly cranky today.  been bed-ridden mostly with this flu.

i thought about what you said and almost decided to remove my post, but no, i'm not doing it.

i'm sick of this shit.  i'm sick of people excusing this guy's sharking.  if i steal from a dumb or ignorant person it's okay?  nope, not flying with me.

a person can be a great father but use mean words and crude language when he is dealing with someone who deserves it.  and yes people deserve it sometimes.  

i'm not just going to ignore the bad ones.  i'm going to out them if they've done something wrong.  sharking is wrong.  i always make a person aware of the value of their item if they are obviously not.  but WAY beyond that, this kid had a script to seek out his victims.  if some of yall wanna condone that, i'm not gonna flip out on you like i did on him.  i did that b/c he was a punk who deserved a verbal or written tongue-lashing if he was gonna hide behind his computer screen safely for the rest of his life after his actions and then vengeful -trust.  i read his thread here just now...he actually says "one of them is now my friend whom i chat with sometimes now".  hey you slimey snake, why don't you confess to him what you did and then see how friendly he is then?  

i respect what you said 100% kaushuman, but rest assured i never said i was a saint, but also rest assured my being a great father has NOTHING to do with my putting a little sharker in his place.  

i even almost removed his -trust i gave him.  i almost decided at the end of the day, especially after a long convo with a couple seasoned traders, that maybe i shouldn't -trust him since he never directly tried to shark/highball ME specifically.  but then i decided against it b/c it is a personal (i.e. individual - mine) reason for not trusting someone and as long as the reason behind it had to do with tf2 trading, i was justified.  but moreover, i am sick of people excusing his sharking, i'm sick of this whole "there's a grey area when it comes to sharking"

no there's not.  so i'd rather let people think i'm an immature asshole who isn't a good dad because it ain't true if it means even one person takes on my stance that sharking should NOT be accepted or allowed or have an eyelash batted at it.  furthermore, to stick to this topic, a person shouldn't be able to -trust you out of pure personal revenge.

i was gonna pm you about this but it seems you removed me :-p

unusualneymar

I think this likely could have been handled via a pm to a moderator.

this will be my last post on this matter.  i've been a physical mess last couple days and i don't want to come into your guys' house and crash it and fuck shit up forever.  i'll get out of your way after this comment:

i chose to air him out publicly b/c i want the public to know what he did and why i did what i did and also to prevent future people from -trusting people just out of revenge on a personal level.  

i'll stick to checking my bp.tf page but i'll stay away from the forums so i won't ever see a reply to this but again:

WE, AS A REAL TRADING COMMUNITY, DO NOT HAVE TO PUT UP WITH SHARKING.  INSTEAD OF SHARKING SOMEONE, PLEASE TELL THE PERSON WHAT THE ITEM IS REALLY WORTH.  MAYBE THIS WILL ENCOURAGE CERTAIN PEOPLE WHO ARE IGNORANT TO THE TRADING/ITEMS ASPECTS WILL THEN BECOME INTERESTED THEREBY ADDING MORE PEOPLE TO THE COMMUNITY.  DO NOT CONDONE THIS BULLSHIT.  IF YOU WANT TO HOLD THE COMMUNITY TO THE STANDARDS OF STORAGE WARS OR AMERICAN PICKERS, THEN YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A BUNCH OF SHITTY HUMAN BEINGS RUNNING AMOK AND YOU WILL SCARE AWAY POTENTIAL NEWCOMERS AND TURN OFF THE PEOPLE WHO GIVE A DAMN.  

jjjon123

I apologize for the retaliatory comment, I took it down earlier today of my own accord before ever reading any of this because I felt bad about my actions.

I hope you can do the same with your rant because right now it is really out of control and is only making yourself look like a fool.

I would appreciate it if when you calm down you add me so we can talk about this privately and I can apologize for my poorly thought out actions including the half-joke offer and spiteful comment.

Julia Gillard the Honest

Can we disable this? I don't like the idea of random people spamming my rep.

You'll be fine as long as the owners of those hats that you're fencing in the classifieds don't get their accounts back and accidentally think that you were the actual hijacker.

AwesomeMcCoolName

Can we disable this? I don't like the idea of random people spamming my rep.

You should NOT be able to disable it. if you could, then every scammer would just have theirs disabled--and it would defeat the point. 

If someone spams your rep, just report it. 

whopz

It remains disabled until you enable it though. Scammers just have to never enable it :/

AwesomeMcCoolName

It remains disabled until you enable it though. Scammers just have to never enable it :/

That should be fixed then. 

@Brad, It should be enabled automatically with no option to disable it. 

Julia Gillard the Honest

You'll be fine as long as the owners of those hats that you're fencing in the classifieds don't get their accounts back and accidentally think that you were the actual hijacker.

Oh, nice. You removed them. That's okay.

http://backpack.tf/item/2141272893

http://backpack.tf/item/2328112218

http://backpack.tf/item/2289751740

http://backpack.tf/item/2323441596

http://backpack.tf/item/2303815829

Julia Gillard the Honest

He also set his bp to private.

It was already like that. That's why I found them being sold here instead of in his backpack. He kind of brought attention to himself with his paranoia regarding his trust score. Ignoring these discoveries is also incriminating. He now has to think very carefully about any potential responses, including silence. He would've been safest if he had tried a calm, denial approach.

Probably the best option!

I'm just quoting this for evidence purposes.

whopz

I traded some of the hats, as seen by the history. My backpack has been private for ages; I'm sick of ghost accounts constantly trying to phish me. Why is this thread turning into a witch hunt?

buddhapest
Posted · Hidden by Woifi The Viking, February 6, 2014 - offtopic, non constructive
Hidden by Woifi The Viking, February 6, 2014 - offtopic, non constructive

I traded some of the hats, as seen by the history. My backpack has been private for ages; I'm sick of ghost accounts constantly trying to phish me. Why is this thread turning into a witch hunt?

perhaps because you haven't done a single thing to prove that you are even remotely a decent person and instead show yourself to be a shark and totally untrustworthy.  here's hoping karma catches up with you and soon.

~bp

Julia Gillard the Honest

I must say though that I've enjoyed some of the scam/phish-incoming warnings provided from these on the accounts of random adders.

(Adding this TC to the collection. http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/15149340 There's plenty of evidence of the hijacking there before instantly getting fenced by [Let's play Guess Who?]. There's also this Private Eye. http://www.tf2outpost.com/item/440,2072080671,388,5 )

whopz

the TC was 100% hijacked. the owner's friend added me later that day to tell me. nice that he got it back from steam support though. the other hats you listed before were 100% not hijacked, but i got em for pretty cheap! :)