User Trust Scores

AwesomeMcCoolName

I honestly don't understand what they're for. Are they for anything? For example I know AwesomeMcCool is a decent and kind guy, but I've never traded with him. Can I rep him? Duscoda added me to point out I was undervaluing some things I was selling, can I rep him for that? Vince tried to find me the worst possible cancer unusual, even though I ended up not being able to buy it. Can I rep him? What is and what is not rep-abble?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright. 

Another question.

I noticed that there are rankings in trust. 

What are they ? :o

They change dynamically. I'm not going to list the specifics otherwise people will try to abuse it.

Would it be better to give some sort of "weighting" for users with a varying amounts of rep? (with a cut off ofc) Ie the higher your rep, your rep is worth more than someone with no rep. I can see a big group of phishers as well as alts abusing the system if all rep is considered at the same level.

eg: http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php?/topic/5072-banning-clear-manipulators/?hl=%2Bbanning+%2Bclear 

Where there was an alt circle of around 10+ (that we found)

Can user report incorrect rep?

What if someone receives "-rep" for a wrong reason? (e.g. -repped person is lowballing)

What if someone receives "-rep" from someone they have never traded with?

edit. also move this to General Website Discussion?

edit2. add notifications when you receive rep

One of my concerns would be the time inbetween receiving massive amount of -rep from a suggestion, and them being banned for it and removing the -rep. It could cause the suggester to be turned down on trades during that gap.

There will be no 2 months gaps like on steamtrades. We have somewhat active moderators.

Also, moved to the general website discussions. o/

With hope the people who are regulars in the community will start taking the time to +rep the people whom they trust. I know I am going to +rep/+trust (sry if i forgot names i will be going thru my FL to get it right when i do this when i am not on a mobile device)

Wicked delight aka Rico

Plukos

Awesome mccoolname

Pixelated

Creamy goodness

Pyroprotectme

That guy

Definitely not a hacker

Derbyzebra

Tweak

Nieroda

Bigmacineedacheeseburger

Gangstabeaner

Eff

Wuffle

Apollo the lion

Caesar

Junglist

Chewbs

Foxyfluff

Satan

Master blaster

Super kami guru

P-easy

Mudguts

Natural

Etc.

These are all people I have paypalled or had broker things for me or helped me build collections with key advances, etc.

I just realized I could create my own site. Call it neymarrep.com lol. just kidding but all jokes aside all these people I have dealt with are 100% trustworthy, but yea I will take the time to +trust them! I just implore the rest of the community who gives a damn like me to do the same! because no matter how much I disagree with some bp.tf prices (lol at pe and ge ke's listed at 42 buds each when NOBODY can buy one for less than 60-80 mixed and the last few were sold for exactly 60-80 mixed and pure) I along with mostly everyone use bp.tf because it is the prettiest interface for bp's and if you have premium which i do bp.tf can be an amazing tool

! because no matter how much I disagree with some bp.tf prices (lol at pe and ge ke's listed at 42 buds each when NOBODY can buy one for less than 60-80 mixed and the last few were sold for exactly 60-80 mixed and pure) I along with mostly everyone use bp.tf because it is the prettiest interface for bp's and if you have premium which i do bp.tf can be an amazing tool

Well, not really all that many people have the bp's to suggest 60 and 80 bud unusuals. And where is the proof for those solds? You're 100,4% free to post suggestions yourself, or if inconfident give them to a more experienced (with suggesting) user. Also hi posting spree

Woops this made me look like an ass (which I kinda am, but that's not related) sorry if I insulted you

Well, not really all that many people have the bp's to suggest 60 and 80 bud unusuals. And where is the proof for those solds? You're 100,4% free to post suggestions yourself, or if inconfident give them to a more experienced (with suggesting) user. Also hi posting spree

Woops this made me look like an ass (which I kinda am, but that's not related) sorry if I insulted you

I understand that people who are invested in bp.tf and/or love being involved in price suggestions have issues with people who make fun of bp.tf.  I just saw a post form Awesome McCool talking about that actually in some other thread where he basically broke down bp.tf-haters into two categories.  And he's my man, but things aren't black and white like that.  The people like you who support and keep bp.tf thriving and my criticism of bp.tf prices for some items are mutually exclusive and have nothing to do with each other.

You tell me to provide the proof.  Oh okay.  So now I have to screenshot a few screens then bug other people for screenies (they probably never took) then make a suggestion then have the possibility that a bunch of anonymous people who can upvote or downvote thing for whatever flimsy reason they have without any value put behind who is voting and why?  No thanks.  I have NO desire to make a price suggestion, whether for a hat I just traded for or some other hat.  One could argue I have a selfish gain in the works if I do, as my ke's value would rise and so would my bp value/rank, but as someone who cares only about the quality in-my-own-eyes of items as opposed to someone who cares about their bp rank or items value for that bp rank gain, it just doesn't motivate me to do a price suggestion.  So my point is, there are plenty of honest traders who are trading for unusuals often without ANY INTENTION of ever making a price suggestion, so literally every single price on bp.tf for CERTAIN UNUSUALS is based on INCOMPLETE INFORMATION.  If bp.tf wants to post the prices anyway, that's on them, but it DOES affect traders when some guy adds you with a "serious offer" and then says bp.tf says pe ke is 42 buds so my 50 buds mixed offer is really fair when he has no idea that the last 4 ge/pe ke transactions involved 60 to 80 buds every single time (and i know this only b/c i would know all the details in my own pursuit of these ke's).  Bp.tf would have more integrity in their pricing and far less bitching if they had a stricter pricing policy.  For example, maybe a price for an unusual can be set only if an item's suggestion was within two weeks time and have 3 or more individual proofs.  If an item can't fit that requirement, then simply don't put a price and just say "not enough recent proof".  I know this is very strict but it would avoid certain items that don't get traded often and are of higher value to be more accurately represented (meaning no claimed representation is more accurate than an outdated price).  And no, in a game in which the majority of traders and their reading comprehension level seems to be high school age, the comment "This price may need an update" is not enough to deter people from just running with the raw number they see in front of them.  Now you can tell me to fuck off and stop bitching if I don't want to go through the time and trouble to make the price more accurate by my meticulously taking screenies of every transaction and running down other owners for the same proof to back me up, but frankly it doesn't bother me that it undervalues some of my items by as much as they do just as much as it didn't thrill me that it overvalued some of my items (you probably don't remember this but i was a huge critic of my dead presidents veil being valued at 30 buds for a long time when i had just bought mine for 16 buds, it was a ridiculous overprice and only there b/c i didn't take some screenshots?  does that seem right to you?).  I don't use bp.tf for trading prices on anything but weapons and lower-tier effects/unusuals b/c it can be inaccurate to the tune of double the real price or half the real price on other items as i have seen it with my own eyes.  

Re-reading some of what I typed, I understand that bp.tf pricing is only as good as its suggestions/voters and I'm not saying one person is 100% right or 100% wrong, it just is what it is, a symbiotic relationship between flawed people and a flawed system, no matter how ambitious and noteworthy the efforts of the people and system are.  when it comes to sheer volume, like a strange wep that thousands of people buy and trade all the time, then it is accurate of course.  but unusuals are not like that, especially certain unusuals.

Question for Brad Pitt:

Can you maybe implement a link that can go to an archive of every +/- trust and comment of each user?  That way we can see a person's trust voting history so we can see if his comments/votes should be taken seriously or not.

I understand that people who are invested in bp.tf and/or love being involved in price suggestions have issues with people who make fun of bp.tf.  I just saw a post form Awesome McCool talking about that actually in some other thread where he basically broke down bp.tf-haters into two categories.  And he's my man, but things aren't black and white like that.  The people like you who support and keep bp.tf thriving and my criticism of bp.tf prices for some items are mutually exclusive and have nothing to do with each other.

You tell me to provide the proof.  Oh okay.  So now I have to screenshot a few screens then bug other people for screenies (they probably never took) then make a suggestion then have the possibility that a bunch of anonymous people who can upvote or downvote thing for whatever flimsy reason they have without any value put behind who is voting and why?  No thanks.  I have NO desire to make a price suggestion, whether for a hat I just traded for or some other hat.  One could argue I have a selfish gain in the works if I do, as my ke's value would rise and so would my bp value/rank, but as someone who cares only about the quality in-my-own-eyes of items as opposed to someone who cares about their bp rank or items value for that bp rank gain, it just doesn't motivate me to do a price suggestion.  So my point is, there are plenty of honest traders who are trading for unusuals often without ANY INTENTION of ever making a price suggestion, so literally every single price on bp.tf for CERTAIN UNUSUALS is based on INCOMPLETE INFORMATION.  If bp.tf wants to post the prices anyway, that's on them, but it DOES affect traders when some guy adds you with a "serious offer" and then says bp.tf says pe ke is 42 buds so my 50 buds mixed offer is really fair when he has no idea that the last 4 ge/pe ke transactions involved 60 to 80 buds every single time (and i know this only b/c i would know all the details in my own pursuit of these ke's).  Bp.tf would have more integrity in their pricing and far less bitching if they had a stricter pricing policy.  For example, maybe a price for an unusual can be set only if an item's suggestion was within two weeks time and have 3 or more individual proofs.  If an item can't fit that requirement, then simply don't put a price and just say "not enough recent proof".  I know this is very strict but it would avoid certain items that don't get traded often and are of higher value to be more accurately represented (meaning no claimed representation is more accurate than an outdated price).  And no, in a game in which the majority of traders and their reading comprehension level seems to be high school age, the comment "This price may need an update" is not enough to deter people from just running with the raw number they see in front of them.  Now you can tell me to fuck off and stop bitching if I don't want to go through the time and trouble to make the price more accurate by my meticulously taking screenies of every transaction and running down other owners for the same proof to back me up, but frankly it doesn't bother me that it undervalues some of my items by as much as they do just as much as it didn't thrill me that it overvalued some of my items (you probably don't remember this but i was a huge critic of my dead presidents veil being valued at 30 buds for a long time when i had just bought mine for 16 buds, it was a ridiculous overprice and only there b/c i didn't take some screenshots?  does that seem right to you?).  I don't use bp.tf for trading prices on anything but weapons and lower-tier effects/unusuals b/c it can be inaccurate to the tune of double the real price or half the real price on other items as i have seen it with my own eyes.  

Re-reading some of what I typed, I understand that bp.tf pricing is only as good as its suggestions/voters and I'm not saying one person is 100% right or 100% wrong, it just is what it is, a symbiotic relationship between flawed people and a flawed system, no matter how ambitious and noteworthy the efforts of the people and system are.  when it comes to sheer volume, like a strange wep that thousands of people buy and trade all the time, then it is accurate of course.  but unusuals are not like that, especially certain unusuals.

Wooo sorry never meant to start a flamewar. I don't like bp.tf pricing for high-tier unusuals either. But I know that, up to date, it's the best thing there is. And if you don't want to provide the proof for any of the transactions you do because of privacy/time, that's completely up to you and fine with everybody here. But don't blame the system, which may be inaccurate at times, but like the users is meant to do good

Question for Brad Pitt:

Can you maybe implement a link that can go to an archive of every +/- trust and comment of each user?  That way we can see a person's trust voting history so we can see if his comments/votes should be taken seriously or not.

Plz yeah

Wooo sorry never meant to start a flamewar. I don't like bp.tf pricing for high-tier unusuals either. But I know that, up to date, it's the best thing there is. And if you don't want to provide the proof for any of the transactions you do because of privacy/time, that's completely up to you and fine with everybody here. But don't blame the system, which may be inaccurate at times, but like the users is meant to do good

Plz yeah

Please don't call it a flamewar.  It would be a shame if every time a grown-up tried to have a thorough discussion on something it was called a flamewar.  It would be a shame if "TL;DR" is a more accepted response than a thoughtful one.

And I didn't blame the system (bp.tf) by itself.  I clearly said it goes hand-in-hand with the people using the system and the system itself.  

@Neymar, 

Bp.tf really isn't meant to be used by people who actually know how to deal with unusuals. Its more of a crutch for newer traders who don't know any better. Unfortnately there are issues that lead to them getting in trouble due to antiquated prices, but for the most part, its more beneficial than it is hurtful. 

Think of finances, imagine if you found out your broker didn't have a clue what he was doing he was just making decisions based on a price listed with absolutely no background information; you'd more than likely tell him to go fuck himself. The problem with bptf is that it lists prices (which don't get updated frequently enough) and includes no other details about the item--has it been trending down? how long did it take to sell? When i finally sold, did it sell for new (bullshit/impossible to sell) unusuals or old ones or maybe even pure? 

And another issue that i have with bptf, which, unfortunately, can't be avoided: overpays. The problem with overpays is that it leads to a constant devaluation of hats. But at the same time, its not fair to value an unusual offer just as much as a pure offer soo.... theres a nice dilemma. 

Ex: 

• Unusual A is worth 10 buds.
  • Owner A offers unusual A on unusual B.
  • Owner B accepts the offer and does the trade. 
  • Owner Bs unusual is now priced at 9 buds (because of an overpay). 
  • a month later, Owner B offers on an unusual A. 
  • Owner A accepts and does the trade. 
  • Now Unusual A is worth 8.1 buds. 

P.s. votes don't really matter for that very reason. 

The problem with bptf is that it lists prices (which don't get updated frequently enough) and includes no other details about the item--has it been trending down? how long did it take to sell? When i finally sold, did it sell for new (bullshit/impossible to sell) unusuals or old ones or maybe even pure? 

And another issue that i have with bptf, which, unfortunately, can't be avoided: overpays. The problem with overpays is that it leads to a constant devaluation of hats. But at the same time, its not fair to value an unusual offer just as much as a pure offer soo.... theres a nice dilemma. 

Ex: 

• Unusual A is worth 10 buds.
  • Owner A offers unusual A on unusual B.
  • Owner B accepts the offer and does the trade. 
  • Owner Bs unusual is now priced at 9 buds (because of an overpay). 
  • a month later, Owner B offers on an unusual A. 
  • Owner A accepts and does the trade. 
  • Now Unusual A is worth 8.1 buds. 

Feel free to add that additional information to your suggestions, oh wait. ;)

Overpay is good, I hardly see pure offres being the high end. ;)

Feel free to add that additional information to your suggestions, oh wait. ;)

Overpay is good, I hardly see pure offres being the high end. ;)

Like i said, overpays are necessary, but they also lead to a constant devaluation, which is an issue. 

Also, I've noticed sometimes longer comments don't get shown and get cut off after only a line.  I am all about explaining my +trust votes so this is disheartening if it cannot be fixed.  What's the point of comments if you can't even read the whole thing?

or am i a retard and does that only happen if the original commenter is viewing it?

Also, I've noticed sometimes longer comments don't get shown and get cut off after only a line.  I am all about explaining my +trust votes so this is disheartening if it cannot be fixed.  What's the point of comments if you can't even read the whole thing?

or am i a retard and does that only happen if the original commenter is viewing it?

Not a retard, but I've never seen this happen (just tried and couldn't find anything). Mind linking the profile you +'ed?

LOL.

So this guy Sir Jon of Redwall sharks items from people, including a YWN collector chem set for a few keys...

He proceeds to approach Chewbs, THE ywn collector if there ever was one (he loves, nay, obsesses over ywn's)

well let me start back a little more:

one day i found out about sir jon owning this chem set through someone who became a random broker of mine as he eventually sold me my birdman of australicatraz collector's chem set and then collected some birdmans for me.  so i literally stumbled across this ywn chem set, and chewbs being someone i've not only done paypal trades with but also played mvm with, i immediately knew he was the guy who had to have it.  so then i started fishing around to see if i could get it for him, so i pm'ed chewbs.

the convo went something like:

me:  chewbs!!  holy fuck guess what i found

him: ???

me:  a ywn collector chem set!!!

him:  oh yea, i know about that already 

me:  oh.  the one this sir jon guy owns?

him:  yes.  i already tried to buy it from him but he asked me for my burning ywn and then said or ten buds pure.  so i said 'no thanks' and removed him

me:  WTF.  

then i did some more fishing around and found out all the info about his being a sharker.  not only a sharker, but a proud sharker who claimed to expose himself on purpose to expose the flaws in trading and to show what real sharking was (this kid made a whole long post about it....it still exists somewhere in the internetz, and knowing his dumb ass self, he will have him or one of his cronies post it here b/c he is SO adamantly proud of what he did but thinks it was perfectly morally okay).  it turns out he sharked that collector's chem set for a few keys. 

so i talk to my broker who is talking to jon, but jon doesn't know i'm friends with chewbs.  so eventually my broker gets the thing from him, i paid like 3 buds or so for it so i could get it to chewbs.  not because i'm his dickrider, not because i think chewbs deserved it, but simply b/c i know chewbs to be not only a REAL collector but also a FAIR trader who will pay up when it's time.  OH I FORGOT A HUGE DETAIL.  WHEN HE ASKS CHEWBS FOR HIS BURNING YWN, HIS NEXT STATEMENT SOME TIME AFTER THAT WAS "well you are notorious for overpaying so i want your burning ywn"  

just re-read that one time.  you overpay, so give me your burning god-tier sniper hat for this chem set i sharked.  no pretense of negotiation, jsut simply "you are an overpayer, you're well known for it"

are you serious with this punk ass retard?  fuck this guy.  on that alone anyone with a brain should never want to deal with this kid.

so when +trust came up, it was time for him to get his.  i followed the rules and made it relevant:

This is not a -trust because of paypal. He may very well be trustworthy there. But this guy sharked a collector's chem set for ywn for a few keys then turned around and tried to sell it to chewbs (renowned ywn collector) for his second burning ywn or ten buds pure. By all accounts he is some high school aged kid who tried to rape a collector after sharking the item. So no I will never trust this kid ever.

In fact, I just realized I didn't even mention his other sharkings that he's admitted to and shown proof of (what a fucking attention whore idiot.  YOU DON'T SNITCH ON YOURSELF YA CUNT)  anyway, later he does this to my +/- trust:

Let me start off by stating that this has nothing to do with cash transactions! Be careful when interacting with Neymar. He is uninterested to those not in his clique. Neymar will make judgement calls without knowing all the facts and involve himself in situations that have nothing to do with himself. If confronted, he cannot be bothered to learn the facts about what he is involving himself with. He is a busybody and extremely inconsiderate, vulgar, and rude to those he and his friends dislike.

LOL.  so is this kosher?  really?  NONE OF THIS IS ACCURATE lol.  knowing all the facts?  motherfucker OUTTED HIMSELF PUBLICLY and i dont' know all the facts?  Involve myself in a situation that has nothing to do with me?  I BOUGHT THAT SET OFF YOU THROUGH A BROKER YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER.  if confronted...man what is this gibberish?  i'm a busybody and inconsiderate and vulgar and rude?  oh yea, this surely fits the requirements of keeping this relevant to tf2 trading and doesn't veer off into "his sister cheated on me!!!" comments.  

listen you stupid little cunt, b/c i know your attention whore ass will read this:  YOU WERE RIDING MY DICK BEGGING ME TO ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS.  EVEN AFTER I BOUGHT THE BIRDMAN CHEM SET WHAT DID YOU DO YOU LITTLE CUNT?  YOU KEPT ADDING ME MULTIPLE TIMES THAT DAY AND I IGNORED IT EVERY TIME AND THEN LITERALLY TOLD YOUR FRIENDS WHO PM'ED ME ON YOUR BEHALF TO GET ME TO ACCEPT YOUR REQUEST...AND WHAT DID I TELL EVERY FRIEND?  THAT YOU'RE A DISHONEST SHARKING CUNT AND I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU.  NOW, IN MY -TRUST, I DIDN'T MENTION THAT YOU'RE PROBABLY A BITCHASS CUNT WHO IS A "BUSYBODY AND INCONSIDERATE AND VULGAR", I SAID YOU SHARKED AN ITEM AND TRIED TO HIGHBALL.  NONE OF THAT IS INACCURATE.  YOU STUPID FUCKING BITCH GOD I WISH I COULD SMACK YOU RIGHT NOW.

i'm uninterested except in people in my clique?  really?  is that so...hmmm...THE VERY PERSON I GOT TO GET THE YWN CHEM SET FROM YOU WAS A RANDOM ADD (well he posted on my profile first) THAT I ACCEPTED, I LISTENED TO HIS REASON FOR ADDING ME, AND THEN VOILA, IN NO LESS THAN A FEW DAYS HE GOT ME THAT CHEM SET,  AND I GAVE HIM A TON OF KEYS FOR THAT AND FOR HELPING ME FILL THE SET.  A COMPLETE STRANGER.

i can say the same about many of the people on my FL as well as some of my brokers who were random adds that today i now have built tf2 relationships of trust with.  so, that ain't accurate either.

i don't care if someone has a legitimate reason to -trust me.  i can honestly think of a few people who can legitimately -trust me.  but not this shitty excuse for a human being.  if this motherfucker acts like this in a virtual trading world with people he never has to confront as he hides behind his computer screen and pathetically ignores the fact that he wanted to help me and be on my FL even though i told him multiple times through other people i wanted nothing to do with his sharking ass, imagine what he's like in real life.  your parents did a terrible job.  save it for these forums or some other avenue to diss me, but don't take your butthurt self and leave that shitty fucking comment that literally isn't true (you can't assess someone who has never spoken to you or traded with you directly  you dumb bitch, or traded with anyone associated/known by you in any manner that would really call for a -trust)

if this self-entitled cunt can get away with that -trust, the system is fucked for it.  it's an obvious revenge -trust that has ABSOLUTELY NO MERIT in any shape or form in regards to actual trading or tf2 community work.  

sir jon, you're a little bitch.  dickriding hoe.  go ahead and post your mein kampf about sharking and how what you did was okay and just to show the community a lesson.  fuck outta here.

and for the record, the people who did pm me as people on my FL...i hold NOTHING against them.  they obviously have a much better view of you built on a history of good transactions or friendships.  but guess what you dumb cunt - all i know about you WHICH IS FACTUAL NOT REVENGE RETALIATORY BITCHMADE CRYBABY SHIT is that you sharked items and highballed people on those same items.  so guess what, -trust applies.  all that shit you said about me not only isn't factual but also has nothing to do with the purpose of +/- trust.  

edit:  to be preemptive,  i removed the part about "high-school aged kid" b/c that was my letting my temper get the best of me and throwing out an unnecessary barb

LOL.  so is this kosher?  really?  NONE OF THIS IS ACCURATE lol.  knowing all the facts?  motherfucker OUTTED HIMSELF PUBLICLY and i dont' know all the facts?  Involve myself in a situation that has nothing to do with me?  I BOUGHT THAT SET OFF YOU THROUGH A BROKER YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKER.  if confronted...man what is this gibberish?  i'm a busybody and inconsiderate and vulgar and rude?  oh yea, this surely fits the requirements of keeping this relevant to tf2 trading and doesn't veer off into "his sister cheated on me!!!" comments.  

listen you stupid little cunt, b/c i know your attention whore ass will read this:  YOU WERE RIDING MY DICK BEGGING ME TO ACCEPT FRIEND REQUESTS.  EVEN AFTER I BOUGHT THE BIRDMAN CHEM SET WHAT DID YOU DO YOU LITTLE CUNT?  YOU KEPT ADDING ME MULTIPLE TIMES THAT DAY AND I IGNORED IT EVERY TIME AND THEN LITERALLY TOLD YOUR FRIENDS WHO PM'ED ME ON YOUR BEHALF TO GET ME TO ACCEPT YOUR REQUEST...AND WHAT DID I TELL EVERY FRIEND?  THAT YOU'RE A DISHONEST SHARKING CUNT AND I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU.  NOW, IN MY -TRUST, I DIDN'T MENTION THAT YOU'RE PROBABLY A BITCHASS CUNT WHO IS A "BUSYBODY AND INCONSIDERATE AND VULGAR", I SAID YOU SHARKED AN ITEM AND TRIED TO HIGHBALL.  NONE OF THAT IS INACCURATE.  YOU STUPID FUCKING BITCH GOD I WISH I COULD SMACK YOU RIGHT NOW.

i can say the same about many of the people on my FL as well as some of my brokers who were random adds that today i now have built tf2 relationships of trust with.  so, that ain't accurate either.

no offense intended neymar, but i would expect better language and temper management from a father like you. There are good and bad/hard to deal with traders in the community, as im sure you've seen by now. Just ignore the bad ones, and trade with the good ones...

Archived