User Trust Scores

AwesomeMcCoolName

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is going to prevent somebody from trolling the rep?

What's stopping somebody from dinging me if I don't like their offer, make an offer they don't like or refuse to do business with them (say I don't want to buy their backpack for whatever reason)?

Needs to be limited in scope and only for cash trades.

What is going to prevent somebody from trolling the rep?

What's stopping somebody from dinging me if I don't like their offer, make an offer they don't like or refuse to do business with them (say I don't want to buy their backpack for whatever reason)?

Needs to be limited in scope and only for cash trades.

Maybe it'll end up as the heart system like what happened on outpost. 

But i would agree small trades rep should be excluded. And if it were limited to trades with risk that would be better, but hard to enforce. 

In theory you should be able to accumulate enough rep that a random guy frustrated at you won't have any effect on your trust level.

We'll ban trolls, that's not a problem. =)

So whats stopping people that are pissed at you for a suggestion, especially currency suggestions from mass -repping the suggester? 

I would think along with the troll rep-ers being banned. The - rep would be removed if found to be a ton of revenge - rep spam. 

But i think users looking at the rep would believe a bunch of + rep with descriptions over the "- rep" or "-rep lowering my unusual,hat, etc" 

I would think along with the troll rep-ers being banned. The - rep would be removed if found to be a ton of revenge - rep spam. 

But i think users looking at the rep would believe a bunch of + rep with descriptions over the "- rep" or "-rep lowering my unusual,hat, etc" 

One of my concerns would be the time inbetween receiving massive amount of -rep from a suggestion, and them being banned for it and removing the -rep. It could cause the suggester to be turned down on trades during that gap.

I think it should be required to show proof of a claim when giving someone -rep.

And ideally something similar for +rep but that's not really practical especially since people can easily lie about that stuff.

I think it should be required to show proof of a claim when giving someone -rep. Good idea

And ideally something similar for +rep but that's not really practical especially since people can easily lie about that stuff.

I think it should be required to show proof of a claim when giving someone -rep.

I understand the fear of -rep, but until we see people abuse it, there's really no need to be scared. I think the dynamic response with the immediate feedback can help protect users from scammers in a faster way. All comments are visible, so if someone -rep you with some shit comment, everyone knows and will probably ignore that one.

You can only leave feedback once for a user, so you can't spam 5000 -rep on a profile.

Are others able to rep me if I haven't clicked "agree" yet?

Yes. The "agree" is just there for you to accept every time you go to post on someones rep.

I understand the fear of -rep, but until we see people abuse it, there's really no need to be scared. I think the dynamic response with the immediate feedback can help protect users from scammers in a faster way. All comments are visible, so if someone -rep you with some shit comment, everyone knows and will probably ignore that one.

You can only leave feedback once for a user, so you can't spam 5000 -rep on a profile.

Would there be a possibilty in the future to maybe edit your comment.

You can only comment once, but if I buy 10 keys first that's only a small + rep

If I let the guy broker 10 god tiers later, he'd be much more trustworthy, and deserves a better + rep than "bought 10 keys, went smooth".

Theres a bit of a problem that i see, no one is going to post rep for a trade they did months ago; if someones going to post rep they're going to post it immediately after the trade occurs....so maybe have like a "check" built in, so 1/2/3 months after you post that rep you get a notification: "Is this person trustworthy--did he ever chargeback his payment/etc...".

Bradly, some things to consider...

• Auto ban people if a rep is placed on one's profile and the "repper" has the same logged IP
  • Disable the ability to rep yourself
  • Char minimum of maybe 20characters so people aren't just saying "+rep". Encourages people repping exactly WHAT they traded for.

Bradly, some things to consider...

• Auto ban people if a rep is placed on one's profile and the "repper" has the same logged IP
  • Disable the ability to rep yourself
  • Char minimum of maybe 20characters so people aren't just saying "+rep". Encourages people repping exactly WHAT they traded for.

The negative rep has a comment requirement, all IPs are logged but there isn't anything automated - People could be using proxies, be in the same school, have a brother, etc. You can't rep yourself, you can try but it will give you an error. I could hide the box, but whatever, it's fun to see people trying to rep themselves.

In theory you should be able to accumulate enough rep that a random guy frustrated at you won't have any effect on your trust level.

We'll ban trolls, that's not a problem. =)

what about people giving -rep for being rude while they orignaly where rude them self ?

Like for example some one ads me to pay less then advertised price, and i dont accept and he gives me -rep ?

Btw i notice the +rep form works on own profile, not sure if it works though.

Another thing. Please make it so you just have to agree once (or maybe 3 or 5). Every time you go on someone's trust page you gotta agree to the rules.

Another thing. Please make it so you just have to agree once (or maybe 3 or 5). Every time you go on someone's trust page you gotta agree to the rules.

It'll stay like this because if I don't people are going to forget and start posting shit.

It'll stay like this because if I don't people are going to forget and start posting shit.

Brad has faith in the tf2 community :) 

Feedback can be for anything, right ?

Brad has faith in the tf2 community :)

Feedback can be for anything, right ?

Well yes, anything that makes you trust or not trust the person obv. I don't really care the person is your boyfriend and he cheated on you, though. Let's keep it TF2 related. :D

Well yes, anything that makes you trust or not trust the person obv. I don't really care the person is your boyfriend and he cheated on you, though. Let's keep it TF2 related. :D

Alright. 

Another question.

I noticed that there are rankings in trust. 

What are they ? :o

Alright. 

Another question.

I noticed that there are rankings in trust. 

What are they ? :o

lets all rep me and find out  :lol:

Archived